Bale Mountain Lodge, Bale Mountains, Ethiopia
A Lodge or Hotel in Ethiopia
Bale Mountains, Ethiopia
Per Person Per Night
The Bale Mountain Lodge is located in a clearing within the Harenna Forest of the Bale Mountains National Park, one of the largest remaining tropical Cloud Forests on earth and Ethiopia’s premier National Park.
Bale Mountain Lodge is set high in the mountains, on an 8 Hectare plot within the cloud forest, with views overlooking a large clearing which is used by animals for grazing and foraging. The lodge uses a mixture of contemporary and traditional designs centered around two large fireplaces which encourage an inclusive and cosy atmosphere within this truly remote and wild environment. All of the 8 ‘menyettabets’ (guest rooms) offer comfortable beds, private decks and wood burning stoves. Each is hidden from view from any other to permit guests to feel totally isolated whilst being safe and warm. The lodge is a superb location from which to explore the forest and the plateau, both of which offer walking safaris in the company of a knowledgeable guide. The Rift Valley, with its camel markets and dry dusty conditions, is a mere 45 minute drive to the south and the Sof Omar caves, Africa’s largest limestone cave system is a return day trip to the North.
WHY CHOOSE BALE MOUNTAIN LODGE?
- The Bale Mountains is one of the top five bird watching sites in Africa.
- The lodge showcases the best of Ethiopian flora and fauna whilst providing access to other attractions further afield.
- The Web, Shire and Tegona rivers offer some of the best trout fishing in East Africa with the best months for fly fishing being Nov – Mar.
- The lodge is situated in a clearing that is used by a wide variety of game. Recent sightings include Giant Forest Hogs, Leopards, Black Maned Lions, Bale and Vervet Monkeys, Olive Baboons and Menelik’s Bushbuck.
Bale Mountain Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2018 - 2019||Oct 2018 - April 2019||–||US $ 340|
|2019||May - June||–||US $ 250|
|2019||July - September||–||US $ 200|
|2019 - 2020||Oct 2019 - April 2020||–||US $ 350|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Bale Mountain Lodge rates include:
- All meals, soft drinks, house wines, local beers & non premium drinks
- One daily activity on foot
Children of all ages are welcome at Bale Mountain Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Bale Mountain Lodge, Bale, Ethiopia
Read Bale Mountain Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
View all accommodation options in Ethiopia »