Camp Nomade, Zakouma National Park, Chad
A Tented Camp in Chad
Zakouma National Park, Chad
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Camp Nomade is erected in Zakouma’s prime wildlife-viewing areas during the driest part of the dry season. It has a very short season, from mid-December to mid–April, making it very exclusive and highly sought after.
The camp is modelled on the traditional nomadic camps of the Sahel region and is beautifully decorated with brightly coloured local carpets, nomadic bells and brassware. There are eight tents with a maximum capacity for eight guests, plus their private guide. Each tent consists of a black mosquito-net ‘box’ which offers 360-degree game viewing from the comfort of your bed with a stretch canvas above to provide shade. There is an individual bathroom for each guest made from local grass fencing screens with a rustic bucket shower and hot water.
WHY CHOOSE CAMP NOMADE?
- Fly camping with nomads to the north of the park or along the banks of the Salamat River.
- Take the road less travelled and explore an area that is relatively unexplored by visitors – the last intact Central African savannah ecosystem.
- View the park’s thriving elephant population which was brought back from the brink of extinction. Zakouma is one of the last places on the planet where you can see herds of over 500 elephants.
- Witness the high concentrations of wildlife, including the Big Four, who congregate around the drying pans.
- Take in the spectacle of the tens of thousands of birds that flock around the pans, particularly black-crowned cranes.
Camp Nomade Rates, Activities & AmenitiesNo rates available online at the moment. Please contact us for further information.
Chad, CAMP NOMADE
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Chad »