Explorers Camp, Marataba National Park, South Africa
A Tented Camp in South Africa
Marataba National Park, South Africa
Booked on a semi-exclusive basis (max 2 bookings in camp at one time), Explorers Camps is easy-going, adventurous and fun. At this camp, it is all about embracing the laid-back, outdoors lifestyle of Marataba. Spend your days immersed in stimulating safari and conservation activities, and swim, hike and adventure through the gorges and mountains. Then, return to camp, kick off your shoes, and come nose to trunk with the elephants as they gather at the waterhole in front of the deck (and yes, this is a very popular watering spot for them on an almost daily basis).
The 5 tents and 1 dedicated family tent are set in shady, fenced grounds, complete with a swimming pool. An ideal base for young families looking for a conservation-led experience, this is living in the wild at its best.
WHY CHOOSE EXPLORERS CAMP?
• Staying in Marataba Conservation Camps is all about balancing conservation and adventure with a generous dose of fun, and relaxation too.
• Get involved in pioneering conservation practices between safari activities.
• From tracking cheetah, monitoring elephants, and identifying rhinos, to laidback boat trips with ice cold G&T’s on the Matlabas, your Marataba experience is entirely up to you.
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Explorers Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||10 Jan – 14 Jun, 1 Nov – 19 Dec||Exclusive Use||ZAR 23585|
|2022 - 2023||15 Jun – 31 Oct, 20 Dec – 9 Jan||Exclusive Use||ZAR 34670|
Rates are Per Camp unless otherwise specified.
Explorers Camp rates include –
• Accommodation as specified, transfers to/from the lodge airstrip and VAT.
• All meals, soft drinks, house wines and local spirits & beers.
• Exclusive safari vehicle and dedicated conservation guide per booking.
• General and conservation safari activities: Day and night game drives with a private vehicle and guide | Boating | Wild walking safaris | Camera trap analysis | Earth Ranger ID kits | Ecology experiences | Telemetry tracking | Area integrity & protection | Rhino conservation (excluding notching and darting) | Community outreach | Mindfulness
Children of all ages are welcome at Explorers Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Marataba Conservation Camps, Marataba Conservation Camps, Thabazimbi, South Africa
Read Explorers Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »