Hyena Pan, Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana
A Tented Camp in Botswana
Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
It’s all about the wildlife at Hyena Pan. First up is its phenomenal location in Khwai Private Reserve. Positioned between Moremi Game Reserve, Chobe National Park and the Khwai River, the exclusive concession is a meeting point for more animals than you can shake a stick at. Think nomadic herds of elephant and buffalo, lion, leopard and wild dog fiercely defending their territories, as well as kudu, red lechwe and herds of dainty antelope dotted across the plains.
And then there’s the camp itself. From its lofty position amongst a grove of cathedral mopane trees, the eight tents at Hyena Pan look over a watery lagoon of the same name. In the morning, you’ll open your tent flaps straight on to the trumpeting elephant in the lily-filled waters below, spend your siesta watching herds splash and snort, and fall asleep to antelope grazing just outside your canvas walls. This isn’t a place for those looking for opulence and extravagance; it’s a private piece of big-game Africa, where the wildlife encounters are authentic, intimate and always wild.
WHY CHOOSE HYENA PAN?
- Located in the interior of the 495,000 acre Khwai Private Reserve, Hyena Pan offers brilliant value for money and an all-round fantastic safari in a private concession.
- With only eight recently upgraded tents, the camp is intimate, comfortable and welcoming.
- Spend an afternoon in the ground level hide, a favourite amongst photographers, and capture some shots that you’ll remember for life.
- Located next to the only permanent source of water for miles around (a magnet for wildlife – elephant in particular), you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your room for top-notch wildlife-watching.
- Game drive across the dry plains and along the Khwai River, and keep your binoculars at the ready for predators, majestic elephant, buffalo, and hordes of plains game.
- After a hard day’s game viewing, settle down in the open air boma to watch the fire crackle and listen to the sounds of the night…
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Hyena Pan Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 675|
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 795|
|2023||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 895|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Hyena Pan rates include: All prices are per person, per night and include accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT
Children 6 years and above are welcome at Hyena Pan.
Hiking / Trekking
Hyena Pan Botswana, Botswana
We are travelling at the moment!
We are travelling across remote parts of Africa without access to stable internet. Thus, we are not accepting new enquiries at the moment.
We will be happy to assist you with your travels to Africa when we return (June 1, 2023).
Hope you have a great summer!
Team Chalo Africa
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »