Hyena Pan, Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana
A Tented Camp in Botswana
Khwai Private Reserve, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
From its lofty position amongst a grove of cathedral mopane trees, the eight tents at Hyena Pan look over a watery lagoon of the same name. In the morning, you’ll open your tent flaps straight on to the trumpeting elephant in the lily-filled waters below, spend your siesta watching herds splash and snort, and fall asleep to antelope grazing just outside your canvas walls. This isn’t a place for those looking for opulence and extravagance; it’s a private piece of big-game Africa, where the wildlife encounters are authentic, intimate and always wild.
Amble down to the heart of the camp, and you’ll find the dining deck and lounge areas. Keep an eye on the comings and goings at the waterhole from a slouchy sofa, or float in the mini-splash pool and watch the wildlife doing the same below. Meals are wholesome and tasty, and after you’ve finished munching, the night is best spent in the open-air boma with a nightcap (or two or three).
WHY CHOOSE HYENA PAN?
- Located in the interior of the 495,000 acre Khwai Private Reserve, Hyena Pan offers brilliant value for money and an all-round fantastic safari in a private concession.
- With only eight recently upgraded tents, the camp is intimate, comfortable and welcoming.
- Spend an afternoon in the ground level hide, a favourite amongst photographers, and capture some shots that you’ll remember for life.
- Located next to the only permanent source of water for miles around (a magnet for wildlife – elephant in particular), you don’t even need to leave the comfort of your room for top-notch wildlife-watching.
- Game drive across the dry plains and along the Khwai River, and keep your binoculars at the ready for predators, majestic elephant, buffalo, and hordes of plains game.
- After a hard day’s game viewing, settle down in the open air boma to watch the fire crackle and listen to the sounds of the night…
Hyena Pan Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 415|
|2019||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 510|
|2019||15 June - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January||–||US $ 625|
|2019||01 August - 31 August||–||US $ 690|
|2020||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 440|
|2020||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 565|
|2020||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January||–||US $ 660|
|2020||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 740|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Hyena Pan rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Rates Exclude: Premium brand drinks, gratuities and fully comprehensive personal travel insurance is not included in the price.
Children 6 years and above are welcome at Hyena Pan.
Hiking / Trekking
Hyena Pan Botswana, Botswana
Read Hyena Pan Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »