Meru Wilderness Camp
Meru Wilderness is an authentic, simple tented camp set up on request in Meru National Park by Laikipia Expeditions, well known for Laikipia Wilderness Camp. With the same hallmark of excellent guiding and hospitality, delicious food and a professional approach to delivering the best wildlife experience available, we are proud to introduce our mobile camp to Northern Kenya. This is pure wilderness, a park with very few other tourists and excellent wildlife and birds.
Exploring Meru in an open safari vehicle each day is the best way to see the huge diversity of wildlife such as lions, leopard, cheetah, Somali ostrich, Grey zebra, reticulated giraffe, buffalo, elephants, warthog, lesser kudu, and over 450 species of birds. Meru is bisected by numerous small rivers lined with doum palms, and beautiful acacia forest home to incredible birdlife.
WHY CHOOSE MERU WILDERNESS CAMP?
- The wildlife is excellent with huge diversity and some northern species of birds and mammals which are not found further south in Africa.
- A mobile safari in Meru offers the opportunity to be fully immersed in the wilderness, sleeping in a simple tented camp where meals are cooked freshly in a charcoal oven and over an open fire.
- There is a rhino sanctuary in the park offering excellent photographic opportunities, and open plains for capturing shots of herds of buffalo, elephant, zebra and giraffe.
Meru Wilderness Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2018||July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec 15 – 31st, Jan, Feb||–||US $ 530|
|2018||March, April, May June, Nov, Dec 1 – 14th||–||US $ 430|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Meru Wilderness Camp rates include:
- Meals, local drinks, activities including game drives, fishing (fly-fishing and spinning) for tilapia and catfish, one entry into the rhino conservancy per stay, bush meals, laundry and late departures (extra parks fees may be payable, parks fees are per 24 hours), airstrip transfers to Kinna airstrip
- Access is by scheduled daily Air Kenya flights from Wilson to Meru, private charters into Kinna airstrip, or road transfers from other destinations in Northern Kenya
- Conservation Fees are non-commissionable
- No Single Supplement for 2018
- Children accepted aged 5 and above
Children 6 years and above are welcome at Meru Wilderness Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Meru Wilderness Camp Map
Meru Wilderness Camp, Meru National Park, Kenya