Nasikia Wilderness Fly Camping, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
A Mobile Safari Camp in Tanzania
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
The world of safari is fast developing so let’s alter that. Take a step back, slow down, look, listen and breathe. A smaller, more mobile camp can be transported with relative ease. This allows us to also be more mobile – from one distinct location to another. A camp like this is not only about the ardour of Africa, it is about learning. A chance to experience your environment with the intensity of sight and sound. By listening and watching, you are engrossed in timeless Africa.
An excellent example of exploration in East Africa before the introduction of permanent lodges and camps for tourism can be found in the book, ‘An African Love Story’ [Daphne Sheldrick]. Daphne describes her adventures to establish national park and game reserves in East Africa with her husband “the long journey to arrive to the isolated location, the hardship of establishing of camp, the impact of weather and wildlife”. But what strikes a chord more than all of that is the romance of listening to the sounds of the African night, camp food being prepared by the fire, the metal bowl of warm water for washing, the flickering light of the kerosene lamps and the call of the birds to wake in the morning. With a mobile camp in the wilderness, you stay under canvas and experience true dreamy Africa of times gone by.
WHY CHOOSE WILDERNESS FLY CAMPING?
- Able to utilise several areas within the Serengeti, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the wildlife corridor connecting Manyara/Tarangire and divergent areas like Mbulu, Yaeda Valley, Lake Natron and the Maasai Steppe.
- Explore the intriguing wilderness on foot with our in-house armed walking guide; follow the tracks, smell the herds on the breeze and hear the crunch of fauna underfoot
- The bush guides have a wealth of insightful experience and they will fascinate you and your children with bush-wise facts, wildlife know-how, games, local customs and incredible stories of life in the wilderness.
- Balloon safaris are a romantic and evocative way of experiencing the wilderness of East Africa, as you silently fly over the plains teeming with herds of wildlife in the early morning.
- Wildlife viewing and bird watching game drives within the central Serengeti are offered twice per day.
Wilderness Fly Camping with Nasikia Rates, Activities & AmenitiesNo rates available online at the moment. Please contact us for further information.
Wilderness Fly Camping, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »