Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Masai Mara, Kenya
A Budget Camping in Kenya
Masai Mara, Ol Kinyei Conservancy, Kenya
Per Person Per Tour
A member of the
For those looking for a superb wildlife experience in the Masai Mara on a budget, look no further than Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp. This camp offers the same high-quality wildlife safari experience provided by the top-end safari camps, with game viewing in 4×4 safari vehicles escorted by top class Maasai guides and spotters in an exclusive wildlife conservancy in the Mara far away from the tourist minibuses. This is at a hugely reduced price, achieved by staying in a more basic adventure camp, which is more like “real camping” instead of the luxury accommodation of the expensive up-market tented lodges.
The camp can be reached from Nairobi by daily scheduled light aircraft flights from Wilson Airport Nairobi to the nearby Naboisho Ol Seki airstrip. While at camp all safari transport for game drives is in shared 4×4 open-sided safari vehicle with expert guides.
- Accommodation is in small dome tents which accommodate 2 people (or can fit one child with 2 adults). The tents are 6 ft high and 10ft x 10ft square and insect-proof.
- Each tent has its own private bathroom in a cubicle located immediately behind the tent with flush toilet, wash basin and safari shower.
- Clients bring their own sleeping bag and a towel (or these can be hired at a small fee) and sleep on comfortable mattresses on the tent floor. Pillows are provided.
- The camp has staff on site 24 hours per day and all their services are included in the price. The camp service staff do all the work associated with camping, like washing up, heating water for showers, doing the cooking, serving the food and the daily house-keeping of cleaning the tents and bathrooms.
- An experienced safari cook at the camp prepares the daily meals. Food is of a high quality and all meals are included in the price. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the dining tent and picnic lunches are provided for full day safaris into the Mara Reserve.
- The camp is hosted by the safari guide, who is a professionally qualified guide with KPSGA certification
- Mineral water is provided daily at camp and on game drives and walks.
- Drinks other than mineral water are not included in the price but beer, wine and sodas are available at reasonable prices and guests may bring their own drinks if they wish.
Activities at Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp
- Game drives (shared) are taken to explore the conservancy in the camp’s four-wheel-drive customised safari vehicles taking a maximum of 6 passengers. Your driver-guide is a wildlife expert and certified by the Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association. On each game drive your vehicle will have a Maasai driver and a spotter.
- Most guests stay 3 nights and the daily programmes include morning and evening game drives in the conservancy, night drives and escorted nature walks, as well as a full day in the Mara Reserve with a picnic lunch. Ol Kinyei Conservancy is a very exclusive wildlife reserve in the Mara eco-system, teeming with animals including over 30 lions and 8 leopards.
Our Thoughts on Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp, Masai Mara
Adventure Camping is a great way for those on a budget to experience an authentic safari in Kenya with expert guides and 4×4 vehicles. While the accommodation is basic, the camp facilities are excellent (comparable to luxury camps) and the Maasai staff will take care of your every need. What makes this itinerary even more special:
- Fly-in Safari: Flights from Nairobi (Wilson) to the Masai Mara are included in the cost. More time on safari, less time on the road!
- Private Conservancies: Being in Ol Kinyei, a private conservancy allows you to view wildlife in an undisturbed and exclusive manners. No outsiders are allowed in the conservancies.
- Off-roading and night game drives: Because you are in a conservancy, off-roading and night game drives are permitted.
- Nature walks: Go on nature walks with the local Maasais.
- Expert guides & 4×4 vehicles: The guides at the adventure camps are extremely well-trained and experienced. The vehicle quality (usually open on all sides) is better than even some luxury camps.
Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp, Masai Mara Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||15 Dec 2018 – 31 Mar 2091; 01 Jul 2019 – 31 Oct 2019||3 Night Package||US $ 1385|
Rates are Per Person Per Tour unless otherwise specified.
- Rates are per person on a sharing basis.
- Solo supplements are applicable. Please contact us for the rates.
OL KINYEI ADVENTURE CAMP 4 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS (OL KINYEI CONSERVANCY, MASAI MARA): PRICES IN US$
At Wilson Airport, board morning flight to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip, met and transfer to Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy, spend 3 nights. On the last day, transfer to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip to board morning flight to Wilson Airport. Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp is based on full board basis, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, daily Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancy fees and one day Masai Mara Game Reserve entrance fee, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners and walks with Maasai warriors.
SELENKAY & OL KINYEI ADVENTURE CAMP 7 DAYS, 6 NIGHTS (SELENKAY CONSERVANCY, AMBOSELI & OL KINYEI CONSERVANCY, MASAI MARA): PRICES IN US$
Prices include: At Wilson Airport, board morning flight to Selenkay Airstrip, met and transfer to Selenkay Adventure Camp in the Selenkay Conservancy, spend 3 nights. On the fourth day transfer to Selenkay Airstrip to board morning flight to Wilson Airport where you will connect to another morning flight to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip, met and transfer to Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp in the Ol Kinyei Conservancy, spend 3 nights. On the last day, transfer to Ol Seki or Ol Seki Airstrip to board morning flight to Wilson Airport. Both Selenkay & Ol Kinyei Adventure Camps are based on full board basis, mineral water, return conservancy airstrip transfers, daily Selenkay Conservancy fees and one day Amboseli National Park entrance fee, Maasai village visit in Selenkay, daily Ol Kinyei & Naboisho Conservancy fees and one day Masai Mara Game Reserve entrance fee, day & night shared game drives in open sided 4×4 safari vehicle with qualified guide, sundowners and walks with Maasai warriors.
Children above the age of 10 are welcome at Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp. Please contact us for child rates.
Hiking / Trekking
Ol Kinyei Adventure Camp, Narok County, Kenya
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Kenya »