Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge, South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Zambia
South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
The magnificent historic game lodge set in amongst lush primeval forest provides panoramic views across the game-rich valleys of South Luangwa National Park.
On a magnificent hilltop location in the South Luangwa National Park, Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge was once the personal retreat of Zambian President Kenneth Kaunda.
In keeping with the grand colonial style of the lodge, the suites are decorated in the same understated elegance of years gone by. In the ten Victorian-style rooms, the large french windows offer a light, airy feel to the suites and open onto private terraces overlooking the valley – the ideal vantage point to relax and enjoy the wildlife. Air-conditioning, plush furnishings, a four-poster bed, and a luxurious bathroom can make you forget you’re in the bush. The lodge also features an interconnecting room – perfect for families.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY CHICHELE PRESIDENTIAL LODGE?
- Historic property built as a presidential retreat in the 1970s
- Children of all ages allowed, with dedicated children’s program – perfect for families
- South Luangwa is well known for its game viewing and endemic species
- Open year round with all weather access roads
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||07 Jan-31 May; 01 Nov-20 Dec||–||US $ 415|
|2019||01 Jun-31 Oct; 21 Dec-05 Jan 2020||–||US $ 525|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge rates include:
- Return transfers from Livingstone Airport to Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma, and from Mfuwe Airport to Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp and Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge,
- All meals, and non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- All game viewing activities, plus additional activities at Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma: canoeing and sundowner cruise on the Zambezi, tour of the Victoria Falls (excluding Victoria Falls Heritage Fees), walking safaris, local village tour, and fishing.
- Laundry services, emergency medical evacuation and park fees.
Children of all ages are welcome at Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Chichele Presidential Lodge, Mambwe, Eastern Province, Zambia
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »