Tsika Island Camp, Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
A Tented Camp in Zambia
Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
Set in the middle of the Zambezi River, Tsika Island Camp is approximately 30-35km upstream from Chongwe between Mana Pools National Park in Zimbabwe and the village of Mugurameno in Zambia. The camp is surrounded by a mixture of Albida groves and reeded channels, with a sandy plain to the north.
Accommodation is available for six guests in three rustic thatched “bush rooms” complementing the island bush experience. Beds are set under full walk-in mosquito nets and the en-suite facilities provide hot running water from wood burning boilers and a flush WC. The dining space is built to the same design as the rooms with a large covered room and local village artifacts decorating the bar and serving areas. A lawn lies out front offering a traditional camp fire and comfortable lounge chairs. The prime aim of a stay at Tsika is to facilitate a full day canoe safari along the Zambezi River. Guests are required to paddle so a level of fitness is needed.
WHY CHOOSE TSIKA ISLAND?
- Tsika Island Bushcamp offers full day canoe excursions on the river.
- Africa’s most unspoilt nature stretches out in front of you, where traces of people are hard to find and where nighttime is about sitting under an incredibly black sky, dotted with countless stars.
- Step on board on a boat or drift silently pass the riverbank in a canoe for the best wildlife viewing, since most wildlife is concentrated around the Lower Zambezi Valley and the river.
- Elephant herds, sometimes up to one hundred strong, hippo, leopard, lion, buffalo, over 400 bird species – they all gather in this mesmerizing wilderness.
Tsika Island Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2017 - 2018||15 April - 30 June; 01 November - 14 November||–||US $ 450|
|2017 - 2018||01 July - 31 October||–||US $ 550|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Tsika Island rates include:
- All meals
- Local drinks
- Two game drives a day
- Walking safaris (subject to availability)
Children of all ages are welcome at Tsika Island Camp. Children younger than twelve years pay 50% of the adult rate. Please note that children younger than twelve may not participate in all safari activities.
Hiking / Trekking
Tsika Island - Chongwe Safaris, Kafue, Lusaka Province, Zambia
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »