Great Plains Conservation Safari
A delicate pink sunrise. Sheaves of papyrus rustling softly in the breeze. A little otter floating on his back. A mokoro pole making waves in the crystal clear water. Water lilies. Reed frogs. Elephants shaking palm nut trees. A quiet morning & then a soft, almost inaudible splash. Three tawny bodies swimming the channel. The buffalo and lechwe are still munching on their breakfast. They haven’t heard anything yet. But an ambush is coming their way…
per person sharing
9 days / 8 nights
Luxury tented camps
Botswana’s wilderness is the perfect setting for this upscale small group safari.
The first stop of the trip is all about the cats and attendant drama of Duba Plains, a private 77,000 acre concession in the northern reaches of the Okavango Delta. Here the big cats have learnt to stealthily swim the intricate channels of the Delta in search of their prey. This concession was famous for its lion-buffalo interactions. Nowadays, you need luck to see that, but you will still be able to spend quality time with some of the biggest lions and lionesses of Africa. Your four night stay here is perfect – it will give you the opportunity to learn about the lion pride dynamics and the individuals, as well as appreciate the complexity of the entire ecosystem and its residents.
The second half of your journey takes you to the new Great Plains Selinda Explorers Camp. This camp is usually booked out for the exclusive use of small groups who want to combine some walking, some canoeing and some downtime together at a private camp in the famed Selinda Reserve, considered one of the best walking and canoeing areas of Botswana. Days here will consist of a variety of activities and evenings will be spent in convivial company around a campfire.
The Chalo Edge
- This itinerary and its very attractive pricing was put together especially for Chalo Africa by Great Plains Conservation. Of course, it can be tweaked to meet your requirements
- Complimentary light aircraft transfers between Maun and both camps. We think of these as no-cost scenic flights!
- You entirely dictate the pace of your safari in discussion with your guide at Selinda Explorers Camp – no rules, no timetables
- Bush breakfasts and lunches can be arranged on request. Sundowners with your tipple of choice
- Should you wish us to arrange this itinerary as a privately guided safari by one of our Master Guides or a Specialist Walking Guide, we can certainly make that happen