Kenyan Extravaganza: A Beach & Bush Honeymoon
A Customizable Trip to Kenya
From the personal butler to the Michelin starred chef, luxury and ambience in Nairobi with stunning views over the Ngong Hills. Stately giraffes, acacia trees and skies punctuated with hot-air balloons. A meandering river, studded with hippos. Banded mongoose running for cover. Azure seas spreading outwards to infinity. Canvas sails on the horizon. Sea turtles dance with dolphins as do you on a silvered strip of beach under a diamond sky.
per person sharing
12 days / 11 nights
Luxury tented camps, boutique hotels, resorts
Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Nairobi
About this Safari
This safari was designed for a group of discerning travellers with diverse interests. Your holiday begins at a memorable plantation-style property on the outskirts of Nairobi. You are then whisked off to luxurious tents in a private conservancy adjoining the Mara. The safari ends on the beach where some of you can relax, others can play golf, or go diving, or take in some spa treatments…either way, all of you will go home refreshed & rejuvenated.
Hemingway’s Nairobi is a brand new luxury hotel, close to Nairobi National Park, the Giraffe Centre, the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust for orphan Elephants, and the Karen Blixen Museum. Ol Seki in the Masai Mara is located in the Naboisho conservancy with impressive herds of elephant, giraffe, wildebeest, and zebra. It is also home to Kenya’s rare wild dog. In addition to the abundance of resident game, the Mara Naboisho conservancy also serves as a migration corridor for several hundred thousand animals. After an exhilarating few days in the Mara, head for Mombasa/Malindi to Hemingway’s Watamu on the coast. Relax on the deck of a private dhow as you sail the bay or enjoy a round of golf at the nearby world-class course on Vipingo Ridge. From hiking to scuba diving – there is no shortage of fun options at your disposal and something for everyone!
Recommended months: All year
The Chalo Edge
- You will have your own dedicated butler in Nairobi who will know that you prefer Earl Grey to Assam with your scones and clotted cream!
- The majority of the staff was brought up within a 15 km radius of Ol Seki camp. They know the land intimately and they care about it. So if you’re in the dining tent and you point to the hills and ask the waiter what they’re called, he’ll tell you the name and what it means. This is a small camp that personally tailors every day to suit what you want
- Because of its size and the limited number of guests, you will never find 20 vehicles huddled around a kill at the conservancy. In fact, it is unlikely that you would even find four. Put simply, the experience is exceptional not only because of what you get to see, but also because of how you get to see it
- Ask for a mango facial, coconut scrub and chocolate butter massageat Watamu. This sounds like the dessert tray, but these are, in fact, the sweet temptations of the spa at a beach that has won accolades for its beauty and conservation ethos
- Champagne sundowners and private campfire bush dinners
Details of Rates
Hemingways Ol Seki Mara
• Return flights – Wilson/Ol Seki/ Wilson Airports
• Full board accommodation including early morning tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
• All drinks including alcoholic beverages excluding imported spirits, premium drinks and champagne
• 2 shared day game drives in Naboisho Conservancy per day
• 1 shared bush breakfast per stay weather permitting
• 1 shared night game drive per stay in Naboisho Conservancy
• Daily Naboisho Conservancy Fees
• Wi-fi Internet
• Government fees
• Return flights – Nairobi/Malindi/ Wilson Airports
• Half Board accommodation
• Wi – fi internet
• Mineral water
• Complimentary use of the gym and tennis court
• Return airport transfers – Malindi Airport to Hemingways Watamu
• Snorkelling trip on a glass bottom boat – excluding Marine Park fees
Hemingways Nairobi, Mbagathi Ridge, Nairobi, Kenya
Ol Seki Mara Camp, Narok, Kenya
Hemingways Watamu, Watamu, Kenya
Best Time to Visit
This bush and beach safari begins and ends in Nairobi, Kenya.