South African Links: A Golf Safari
A Customizable Trip to South Africa
Move over, Singapore – South Africa is here! Breathtaking vistas, scenic golf courses, tricky putts and challenging links; a beer at the 18th, some sweat, some bonding, some downtime with buddies. Followed by a safari. Tawny mane, amber eyes glowing – is that really a huge male lion walking a few metres from your open air safari vehicle? Good food, good cheer, some good single-malt by the campfire under a star-filled sky. This golf safari is made for you!
10 days / 9 nights
Hotels and Luxury Safari Camps
Cape Town, Kruger National Park, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
About this Safari
This safari was designed especially for all you hard-core golfers who think that a few days of golf combined with a few days of tracking the Big 5 in the African bush is the ultimate vacation experience! It includes a laid-back exploration of Cape Town, a substantial taste of some of the premier golf courses in the country and tops it all off with a few days at one of the most exclusive luxury safari destinations of South Africa.
At the Steenberg Hotel, you will have access not only to a world-renowned working winery, but also to its cunning 18-hole, championship golf course and the Clovelly Golf Course. From there, it is on to the Fancourt Hotel & Country Club Estate. Fancourt’s Outeniqua, Links and Montagu golf courses have matured and developed into the finest 18-hole parkland layouts in the country. A round on any of these is a special experience. The safari closes off with an exciting finish at Londolozi Tree Camp in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, renowned for having the best Big Five game-viewing in South Africa! Located on the south-western corner of the Kruger National Park, there are no restricting fences, thus enabling the animals to roam freely just as nature intended.
- At the Steenberg, you will have access to its world-renowned working winery, which produces a selection of award winning fine wines. Catharina’s is the hotel’s premier restaurant, while the trendy and fashionable Bistro Sixteen82 is a great place to unwind
- Access to championship status courses that have played host to major events including the Sunshine Tour event, the SA Cup and the Bells Open
- According to the course designer Gary Player: “Links golf is how the game originated and at The Links we take golfers back to the roots of golf – and they can play a ‘British Open’ all of their own!”
- The Montagu takes in a setting of mountains, water and wildlife. It is cleverly designed, picturesque and presents a challenge to golfers of all levels. The most challenging, nerve-wracking and enjoyable hole is the par-three 17th. Only by clearing a large expanse of water can the green be reached – similar to the 12th at Augusta National
- Tailor-made activities at Londolozi that include discovery hikes, bush baths, leopard tracking and many more incredible adventures. The entire Big Five is well represented, and other rare animals, such as the cheetah and hyena are often sighted. Various antelope species, from impala, waterbuck and duiker to kudu, bushbuck and nyala can also be seen. However, it is the leopard that is the real star of the show
South Africa Golf Safari Map
Steenberg Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
Fancourt Hotel & Country Club Estate, George, Western Cape, South Africa
Londolozi Game Reserve, Kruger Park, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Best Time to Visit
This tour begins in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg.