Desert Rhino Camp, Damaraland, Namibia
A Luxury Tented Camp in Namibia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Follow free-ranging populations of Critically Endangered desert-adapted black rhino across the Damaraland plains, finding a myriad of other wildlife along the way. Wilderness Desert Rhino Camp offers a rare and exclusive opportunity to track these extraordinary pachyderms, and learn about their unique survival skills in this harshly beautiful, boulder-strewn environment.
Wind down and immerse yourself in this warm, welcoming space, a celebration of earth tones. Look out over sweeping plains dotted with Namibia’s curious national plant, the welwitschia. Keep a keen eye trained for desert-adapted wildlife, especially the star of the show, the black rhino.
WHY CHOOSE DESERT RHINO CAMP?
- Adventurous rhino tracking activities take place daily from camp
- A surprising wealth of arid-adapted wildlife in this harsh but beautiful land
- Collaborative effort between Wilderness Safaris and the Save the Rhino Trust (SRT)
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Desert Rhino Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||6 Jan – 31 Mar||–||ZAR 5295|
|2023||1 Apr - 31 May||–||ZAR 7397|
|2023||1 Jun -31 Oct||–||ZAR 10498|
|2023||1 Nov -19 Dec||–||ZAR 6168|
|2023||20 Dec 2023 - 5 Jan 2024||–||ZAR 8741|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Desert Rhino Camp rates include – accommodation, all meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry, Namibian VAT & Tourism Levy, and local drinks – excludes premium imported brands
- Children of 06 years and older can be accommodated.
- For families travelling with children between 06 and 12 years, private activities need to be booked and paid for.
- Children between 06 and 16 years must share with an adult/s in the same room.
- The minimum age for rhino tracking is 16 years and the minimum age for any other walking activities is 13 years. There are no baby siting/child minding facilities available in camp and as such a parent/guardian will be required to stay behind with any children (younger than 16) when the rest of the party takes part in the Rhino Tracking activity.
Hiking / Trekking
Desert Rhino Camp, Kunene Region, Namibia
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Namibia »