African Safari Tours
Browse through all our tours
Over decades of travelling to Africa, our safari specialists have learnt a lot and would love to share their experiences with you. The African safari tours below are sample itineraries that can be customised according to your dates of travel, group size or even desired experiences.
Explore all our African safari tours
Luxury Sea Safari - 8 Day Private Live-Abroad Sea Safari 2023 for Families, Multi-Generational Groups, Small Groups, Adventurers, Marine-life Naturalists and Water-sport Enthusiasts.
Northern Quest - 8 Day Flying Safari 2023 for Families, Couples, Photographers, Adventurers, Birders and Naturalists.
Secluded South - 7 Day Flying Safari 2023 for Older Families, Couples, Photographers, Adventurers, Birders and Naturalists, Outdoor Enthusiasts
Private Pilgrimage for families, groups, photographers, outdoor enthusiasts, watersport lovers.
Explorer’s Favourite 2023 for Families, Couples, Birders, Photographers, Adventurers, Safari Newbies
Experience the beauty of the De Hoop Nature Reserve on foot. This is a mix of coastal walks, sea life, fynbos, comfortable accommodation and wonder.
Galloping in the open plains with a herd of zebra or walking quietly by a herd of grazing elephant – riding safaris are an incredibly unique way to explore areas off the beaten track.
Whether it be a morning ride, an alternative activity to the usual game drive or setting off on a week-long mobile riding safari – guests are provided with the rare chance of getting up close to wildlife without affecting their behaviour or intruding in their space.
Unrivalled Experience - Upmarket, exclusive and bespoke safari.
• Visiting Lekedi Park for its habituated mandrill troupes;
• Walking, quad-biking, game driving in Pongara NP for its nesting and hatching leatherback turtles;
• In search of forest elephants, red river hogs, chimps, African grey parrots, Central African buffalo and sitatunga on the beaches of Loango;
• Habituated gorilla tracking with the gorilla project in Loango National Park;
Chad: A Country of Marvels
● The Ennedi Cultural Reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage site and protected by African Parks (AP). The one and only picture-book Sahara Desert & its incredible rock formations
● Prehistoric rock paintings and petroglyphs showing people dancing, herding, and hunting, and depicting the wildlife that flourished millenia ago
● Ouadi-Rimé Ouadi-Achim Game Reserve in Central Chad---base of the Sahara Conservation Fund (SCF) for the reintroduction of some of the rarest species of desert wildlife on earth!
● Scimitar-horned oryx, Addax, Dama gazelles, Dorcas gazelles and Barbary ostrich...some of which had been declared extinct in the wild.
● Rarest of rare antelope and bird species on the IUCN Red List
● Zakouma National Park. The park has been under the protection of AP for the last 10 years. Before that, it had been a place of carnage for elephants, poaching had ravaged its herds, but AP successfully locked it down. It's one of the great present day success stories in conservation when so much of the news is negative.
● The elephants of Zakouma National Park and their story of hope
● Flocks of birds that completely blanket the sky and earth
Expedition Odzala Discovery
8 nights in Republic of Congo
November 30th to December 08th, 2022
The delights of the mighty Zambezi and the dramatic Luangwa Rivers with this safari experience in Zambia's prime National Parks.
The Lower Zambezi lies between the rugged and dramatic Zambezi escarpment and the wide and spectacular Zambezi River. There are many channels, lagoons, sandbanks and islands along the river and then open plains, woodland and bush areas behind the riverine strip.
The unspoilt South Luangwa National Park is one of natural jewels in Zambia’s crown, and home to one of the most varied collections of wildlife on the planet. The park is centered around the Luangwa River which is renowned for it’s pristine beauty and wildlife.
11 days to discover one of the most unknown part of the Sahara, forbidden for decades to foreigners. An expedition that mixes real adventure with refined cultural discoveries.
A real “off the beaten path” expedition for passionate travellers and Sahara lovers. Desert crossing, genuine encounters with nomadic tribes as the mythical Reguibat, stone citadels, prehistoric rock art sites, unexpected navigation on emerald lagunes between ocean and dunes… A balanced mix of adventure and cultural discoveries as the Hispano-Mooresque architecture, one of the refrains of this Saharan expedition that starts and ends by the ocean.
As pioneers of impactful, yet luxurious expeditions to Africa and Antarctica, adventure-filled journeys, you will not only be exposed to new landscapes, cultures and ecosystems, but also to new ways of viewing the world, our place in it and, ultimately, its sustainability.
• Fly seven hours at 10 000 feet above the ice to the South Pole; observe a colony of 14 000 emperor penguins and their young chicks.
• Enjoy abseiling, cross-country skiing, fat biking, and ice climbing.
• Spend an unforgettable hour watching a family of mountain gorillas interact at Volcanoes National Park.
• Marvel at Akagera's prolific savannah wildlife - including lion, leopard and elephant among others.
• Revel in Rwanda's rich culture, local heritage and fascinating history
A Combination of Unique Experiences, Wild Spaces, Excellent Game viewing and Superb Guiding.
Of Forest Elephants, Mandrills, Gorillas, Mangabeys, Whales & More...
Gabon is still an enigma. A wild place of pristine old-growth rainforests where there are almost no human settlements, and where wild animals live protected within the thick foliage nestled between the many rivers that traverse this west African country. This is a trip for adventurers, who don’t expect smooth sailing every day. This is a trip for those who want to see something new, something different. It is a place for the intrepid Africa enthusiast who will be thrilled by the sight of a red river hog in a wallow, or a wary lowland gorilla in a forest clearing. On this trip, timed to coincide with the gathering of humpback whales off the shores of Gabon, and the troops of the fabulously colorful Gabon mandrill, we will enjoy a truly epic African adventure, moving by train, boat, and plane through the heart of Africa.
Instead of dashing in and out of this vast reserve after spending a scant 2-3 days here, we will circumnavigate the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, passing by pans and valleys with names like Piper’s Pan, Sunday Pan, Passarge Valley, hoping to see the famous black-maned Kalahari lions, cheetah, vast herds of oryx and other desert-adapted species like springboks, brown hyena, porcupine, red hartebeest, blue wildebeest, and all manner of birds and reptiles.
The Chobe River and The Okavango Delta.
A unique opportunity to join Asilia Africa's Kenya head guide, Roelof Schutte, on a walking expedition across the Mara conservancies from east to northwest, starting in the Naboisho Conservancy and walking through Olare Orok, Mara North, and Lemek or Ol Chorro.
The Botswana Magic and Northern Lodge Safari offers experiences for guests to explore Victoria Falls, Chobe and Moremi National Parks as well as the Okavango Delta.
Create Your Own Itinerary
Our safari specialists have travelled the length and breadth of Africa over the last 35 years. We’d love to help plan your safari. Get in touch with us here »