Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
A Luxury Tented Camp in
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park,
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Deep in the heart of Uganda’s breathtaking Bwindi Impenetrable Forest lies Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, an astonishing lodge where a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the majesty of one of Africa’s most remarkable creatures awaits.
One of the most exciting features of Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is its unrivalled position, located just inside the gates to the forest and a five-minute walk from the Uganda Wildlife Authority Centre. This is where gorilla trekking adventures begin, however gorilla families have been known to pay a visit to the camp itself – just imagine the magic of waking up to the sight of a magnificent great ape.
A hymn to eco-conscious design, the lodge blends effortlessly with the dramatic mountain landscape, offering seclusion and space amidst ancient rainforest; with only ten private luxury tents, an intimate and exclusive experience is guaranteed.
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp’s communal area is equally impressive, with a comfortable lounge, elegant dining area and a well-stocked bar offering soaring views over the lush rainforest. Come dusk, guests gather around the central campfire under glittering, star-strewn skies and swap stories of that day’s adventures to the tune of the night chorus.
The splendour of Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp goes beyond its luxurious accommodations and proximity to the awesome gorillas. Guests are also invited to interact with the local community through Sanctuary’s philanthropic projects. This experience offers a unique glimpse into the lives of the semi-nomadic Batwa people, the original dwellers of the forest.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY GORILLA FOREST CAMP?
- Frequently visited by gorilla families due to its unique location
- Exclusive camp with only eight tents, the perfect base for a once in a lifetime trip to track mountain gorillas
- Opportunity for community interaction, including the local Batwa Pygmies
- Specially customised sedan chairs with support and harness allows less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Bwindi Rates, Activities & Amenities
|01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 20 December
|US $ 565
|3 January - 31 March; June; October; 21 December - 02 January 2025
|US $ 925
|1 July - 30 September
|US $ 990
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp rates Include:
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- Concession fees,
- Community walk,
- Laundry services.
- Park fees, gorilla permits, and additional activities,
- International and domestic flights, Kihihi airstrip transfers, and any other road transfers,
- Travel insurance, boutique purchases, gratuities and all other items of a personal nature.
Children of all ages are welcome at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Uganda, Kanungu, Western Region, Uganda
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in »