Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
A Luxury Tented Camp in
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park,
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is nestled deep inside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in southwest Uganda. This camp is one of the most remote and atmospheric in Africa.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest impresses with a truly theatrical landscape – this is a region of volcanoes, jagged valleys, waterfalls, lakes and dramatic mountain ranges. And it is here, on a flat ridge high in the forest, that Sanctuary’s Gorilla Forest Camp is tucked away. This is the ideal base for encounters with the mountain gorillas that live in Bwindi.
Located within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is the perfect base from which to track the park’s most famous resident – the mountain gorilla. The main area features a comfotable lounge and bar area as well as the main dining area while the mini spa offers a wide selection of treatments. Located within the National Park, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp offers guests an unrivalled location, including the best bird and wildlife viewing in the Bwindi area. In fact Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp often receives regular visits from the gorillas themselves. For the lucky guests in camp at those times, they may have the chance for a gorilla encounter without even leaving Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY GORILLA FOREST CAMP?
- Frequently visited by gorilla families due to its unique location
- Exclusive camp with only eight tents, the perfect base for a once in a lifetime trip to track mountain gorillas
- Opportunity for community interaction, including the local Batwa Pygmies
- Specially customised sedan chairs with support and harness allows less able guests to be carried into the rainforest to track the gorillas in their natural habitat
- An established philanthropy project at Bwindi Community Hospital which guests can visit
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Bwindi Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1 April - 30 May; 1 November - 16 December||–||US $ 440|
|2022||3 January - 31 March; 1 June - 30 June; 1 October - 31 October; 17 December - 2 January 2023||–||US $ 650|
|2022||1 July - 30 September||–||US $ 845|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp rates Include:
- All meals, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- Concession fees,
- Community walk,
- Laundry services.
- Park fees, gorilla permits, and additional activities,
- International and domestic flights, Kihihi airstrip transfers, and any other road transfers,
- Travel insurance, boutique purchases, gratuities and all other items of a personal nature.
Children of all ages are welcome at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp Uganda, Kanungu, Western Region, Uganda
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in »