Planning a trip to Mozambique? And wondering what time of the year is the best time to visit? Mozambique is best to visit during the dry winter months from May to November.
When to Go?
Best Time to Visit Mozambique
Due to its subtropical climate, Mozambique remains sunny and warm throughout majority of the year. The driest months range from April to September, and a humid rainy season occurs from December to March.
Hurricane season also falls within this period, specifically during January and February. Mozambique’s coolest time of year ranges from June – August, where the temperatures will drop during nighttime. The August – October window during the dry season proves to be the best time to visit, as it provides for constant sunshine, manageable temperatures, and little to no rain.
Seasons of Mozambique
Broadly speaking, these are the seasons of Uganda:
- Dry Season: April to November
- Wet Season: December to March
Where to Go in Mozambique – Month by Month
- December to March: Rainy season, brought in by the South East Monsoon. Can expect cyclones in January – February. Bazaruto to be avoided.
- April: Beginning of the dry season with the occasional thundershower.
- May to November: Winter months. Peak dry season. These are also the coolest months.
- August to September: Best for wildlife viewing.