Botswana Visas – Requirements & More
Do I require a visa to enter Botswana?
International travellers visiting Botswana for tourism require a visa, unless exempt. There are several countries exempt from requiring visas and this makes travel to Botswana a breeze.
List of countries exempt from Botswanan visas…
Citizens of following countries do not require Botswanan visas: all Commonwealth countries (EXCEPT Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, India, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka), Argentina, Angola, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Can I get a visa on arrival?
If you do require a visa to enter Botswana, you must get it from your country of residence before travelling, as visas will not be available upon arrival in Botswana.
For further questions, you are encouraged to contact the nearest Botswanan Mission abroad .
Botswana Visa Requirements
Documents required for obtaining a Botswanan tourist visa
- A completed application form, signed by the applicant
- Certified copy of your passport, showing validity and photograph of applicant (passport should have minimum 6 months validity and at least 3 unused pages for stamps)
- Cover letter stating purpose of visit
- Two (2) recent passport-sized, colour photographs
- Copy of your individual or group travel itinerary and hotel bookings
- Proof of return travel (copy of flight itinerary or confirmation slip including dates of travel from travel agent)
- Copy of previously issued visa or visa outcome (if applicable)
- Payment of the prescribed application fee
- Fingerprints of the applicant will be captured either at the time of application or upon arrival in Botswana
We recommend that you verify the above details with your local Botswanan Embassy or Consulate.
Botswana Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Citizens of India require a visa to enter Botswana. If you are applying from India, please visit this link to see the full requirements for Botswana visas for Indian citizens.
Botswana Visa requirements for U.S. citizens
Citizens of the United States do not require a visa to enter Botswana. Happy travelling!