Majority of visitors will require a visa to enter Mozambique. Since obtaining a visa on arrival is not guaranteed, we recommend all travelers obtain a visa prior to their journey.
List of countries exempt from obtaining a Mozambican visa
Nationals from Botswana, Malawi, Mauritius, Swaziland, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe are exempt if their tourist travel does not exceed 30 days.
More details at https://www.mozambiquehighcommission.org.uk/?id_w=3&id_w1=16
Typical Passport Requirements
Most countries in Africa require a passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of travel and between 2 – 6 consecutive blank pages. Please verify the exact requirements prior to travel.
General documents required for obtaining a Mozambican tourist visa
- Valid passport with at least six months validity and at least three (3) or more blank pages.
- Photocopy of the main passport page(s).
- Two (2) colour passport photos.
- A document to confirm the applicant’s address during his/her time in Mozambique. This may be either a Hotel booking confirmation or an invitation letter from the host in Mozambique, which is required if the applicant will be staying at a private home with his/her family or friends. The invitation letter/Term of Responsibility must be signed by the host and authenticated by an official Notary.
- Applicants must have a return ticket and adequate funds for the duration of their stay in Mozambique.
- Visitors with tourist visas are not allowed to engage in any employment (including voluntary work) while in Mozambique.
- All documents must be written in English.
Mozambique Visa requirements for US citizens
US citizens require a visa to enter Mozambique. It is recommended that you apply at your local embassy or consulate.
Mozambique Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Indian citizens require a visa to enter Mozambique. It is recommended that you apply at your local embassy or consulate.