Namibia Visas – Requirements & More
The following information applies to a considerable number of travellers of various nationalities. For more specific information, we recommend that you consult your local embassy or consulate.
List of countries exempt from obtaining a Namibian tourist visa
Angola, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau (SAR), Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Moldova, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
All citizens of countries whom we have VISA Exemption Agreements are not required to obtain a visa and will be allowed to enter into Namibia and get Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement stamps
Typical Passport Requirements
Most countries in Africa require a passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of travel and between 2 – 6 consecutive blank pages. Please verify the exact requirements prior to travel.
General documents required for obtaining a Namibia visa
- A duly filled and signed application form
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages
- Two (2) colored 2 inches x 2 inches passport photographs (should be identical)
- Self-addressed, prepaid envelope (should have a tracking no.) for the return of your passport
- Payment is as per the country where you are applying for the visa. Please confirm with the diplomatic mission.
- Business letter stating nature of visit (if applicable)
- Complete flight itinerary
- Hotel reservations or tour/safari confirmation
- Proof of adequate funds for the duration of stay in the form of personal bank account statement under each applicant’s name. If the applicant is a dependent, kindly attach a signed letter of the person responsible for the expenses
- Proof that they will be supported by a person who is a permanent resident of Namibia or is Namibian if such a case applies; provide a signed letter of invitation, passport copy, copy of work permit/residence permit (if applicable)
- All documents must be written in English.
More details at:
Namibia Visa requirements for US citizens
US Citizens do not require a visa to enter Namibia. All citizens of countries whom we have VISA Exemption Agreements are not required to obtain a visa and will be allowed to enter into Namibia and get Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement stamps
Namibia Visa requirements for Indian citizens
Indian citizens require a visa to enter Namibia. It is recommended to apply via the Namibia High Commission in New Delhi.
Minors Travelling to Namibia
Minors younger than 18 years travelling to Namibia must have an unabridged birth certificate.