WESTERN SAHARA, 11 days: Morocco
A Scheduled Trip to Morocco
11 days to discover one of the most unknown part of the Sahara, forbidden for decades to foreigners. An expedition that mixes real adventure with refined cultural discoveries.
A real “off the beaten path” expedition for passionate travellers and Sahara lovers. Desert crossing, genuine encounters with nomadic tribes as the mythical Reguibat, stone citadels, prehistoric rock art sites, unexpected navigation on emerald lagunes between ocean and dunes… A balanced mix of adventure and cultural discoveries as the Hispano-Mooresque architecture, one of the refrains of this Saharan expedition that starts and ends by the ocean.
Scheduled group tour from
November 10, 2022 -
per person sharing
11 days / 10 nights
Fly-in Safari, Self-Drive Holiday
Hotels and Mobile Camps
About this Safari
The former Spanish Sahara colony has been the site of a long war since the second half of the seventies. This region also called the Western Sahara has been off-limits for decades to travelers. We are proud to be the “first ones” to bring intrepid travelers to the vast, rocky and sandy regions of Saguia El Hamra, Tiris Zemmour and Rio de Oro, now Saharan provinces of Morocco.
Accompanied by reliable guides and following a carefully planned itinerary, we explore it safely.
The itinerary is the result of a ten years research, both bibliographical and in the field; scouting, contacts with nomads, local tribes, encounters with former fighters, allow us to share with our travelers the most interesting spots of this large region dense of history, linking prehistoric times with contemporary era.
Group size: From 4 to 16 participants
PRICES per person:
– GROUP OF 5 OR MORE GUESTS: 2490 €
– Group of 4 guests: 2956 €
– Single room supplement: 266 €
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Day By Day Itinerary
Day 1 – AGADIR
Arrival to Agadir, a city on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean in the southern part of Morocco………
Day 2 – SIDI IFNI, A HISPANO-MORESQUE CITTADEL
Our small convoy of 4×4 vehicles will leave the main highway for a more scenic itinerary along the Atlantic coast between reefs and creeks. Late lunch at a ………..
Day 3 – CAMEL MARKET
We leave the road for a track to Fort Tifnidilt located at the top of a hill overlooking the western bank of Ouadi Draa riverbed. This southern area along with ……..
Day 4 – ESTUARIES AND DESERT
We will discover tiny temporary settlements of fishermen, fishing directly from the cliff or from caves facing the ocean …….
Day 5 – DUNES AND LAGOONS
We will leave Tafnidilt crossing a steep range of dunes. From this point we will be in the territories that were known as Western Sahara ……..
Day 6 – SMARA, DESERT CITADEL
The boat will take us back to the inland; after a drive in the rocky desert region of the Seguia el Hamra we arrive to Smara……
Days 7, 8 and 9 – SAHARA: THE FORBIDDEN TRACK
In Smara we will meet our local guide, a nomad from a Sahrawi tribe who will lead us during four days of a total of-road desert expedition crossing the Western Sahara from north to south. In this real Saharan expedition, we will ……..
Day 10 – FROM THE DESERT TO THE OCEAN
Morning continuation of our expedition following a road that doesn’t exist on the maps, in direction to the ocean. Afternoon arrival to Dakhla. The exceptional beauty of the landscape makes of the …….
Day 11 – RIO DE ORO
Drive along the shore where the waves lap the sand dunes.
A unique scenery experience: during the high tide the ocean will …….
• 21 April 2022
• 10 November 2022
• 26 December 2022 (with Bedouins’ feast; no cattle market)
• 2 February 2023
• 2 March 2023
• 20 April 2023
• 9 November 2023
• 26 December 2023 (with Bedouins’ feast; no cattle market)
Details of Prices
• Transfer from airport upon arrival (day 1) and departure (day 11)
• Tour and excursions in 4WD vehicles and local fishing boats.
• English-speaking local guide
• Tours and visits as per the programme
• Accommodation as per itinerary
• All meals as described: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
• One bottle of mineral water each participant, each day during the visits
• Entrance fees to parks, concessions, protected areas and cultural sites and scheduled events
• First Aid box
• All service charges and taxes
Prices do not include:
• International flights
• Earlier (prior day 1) and/or later (after day 11) transfers from and to airport
• Visa fees
• Any meals or sightseeing tours other than those specified in the program
• Mineral water and drinks at meals
• Fees for personal photos and videos
• Personal and holiday insurance (compulsory)
• Tips for drivers, guides and hotel staff
• Costs relating to delayed or lost luggage and flights.
• Any item of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
• Whatever is not mentioned as included
WESTERN SAHARA, 11 days: Morocco Map
Best Time to Visit
The tour will begin in Agadir and end at RIO DE ORO, Morocco.