Duba Plains Camp by Great Plains Conservation
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Duba Plains Reserve, Okavango Delta, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Great Plains Conservation
The renowned and totally brand new Duba Plains Camp sits in the heart of the Okavango Delta. A recent guest said it all, “I am not a religious person but I now understand that the Garden of Eden can now in fact be found at Duba Plains.” A matrix of palm-dotted islands, flood plains and woodland, the 77,000 hectare private reserve typifies the region’s unique landscape. Duba Plains Camp offers 5 bespoke tents, in addition to a separate 2 bedroom suite aptly named the Duba Plains Suite, all designed by Dereck Joubert to fit into the forest and to take advantage of the shapes and textures of shade but also to evoke the old classic African safari style of the 1920’s. It is a wildlife connoisseur’s getaway with literally thousands of animals in an almost endless pattern across the flood plains.
Many consider Duba Plains to be the Okavango’s Maasai Mara because of the sheer volume of wildlife. This is the place that owners, and National Geographic filmmakers, conservationists and explorers, Dereck and Beverly Joubert chose for their home base. Great Plains Conservation is the only operator on the concession, thereby offering guests the ultimate opportunity for private wildlife sightings.
Duba Plains Camp, is part of a joint venture partnership between Great Plains Conservation and the Duba Plains Concession, creating maximum benefit to the community nearby with lease funds, jobs and other benefits like our Big Cats Caring for Communities project. This partnership ensures that these communities receive tangible and substantial benefits from allowing their ancestral land for wildlife conservation. Botswana is a leader in such partnerships, and Duba Plains is a long-standing example of this successful partnership.
Duba Plains Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||11 January - 31 March 2019||–||US $ 1460|
|2019||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December 2019||–||US $ 1995|
|2019||15 June - 31 October 2019||–||US $ 2900|
|2019||20 December 2019 - 10 January 2020||–||US $ 2125|
|2020||11 January - 31 March||–||US $ 1530|
|2020||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 1995|
|2020||15 June - 31 October; 20 December 2020 - 10 January 2021||–||US $ 3050|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Rates are per person per night.
– Fully inclusive of accommodation, all conservation/park fees, scheduled activities, meals, laundry, return airstrip road transfers, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages
– Exclusive of mandatory nightly conservation levy, flights and relevant spa services.
– Pilot/Guide and private vehicle rates are nett and non-commissionable.
– Every tent, including the Duba Plains Suites, come with a complete camera kit of the latest Canon 5D, 100-400mm and wide angle lens in addition to a pair of 8×42
binoculars for guest’s complimenray private use.
– Minimum age is 6 years.
– Child rates are applicable for one child aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in a tent.
– Children 16 and older will pay applicable adult rates and be accommodated in a separate tent.
– Families will be combined with other guests on all activities.
Hiking / Trekking
Duba Plains Camp, Ngamiland North, North-West District, Botswana
Read Duba Plains Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »