Hillsnek Safari Camp, Amakhala Game Reserve, South Africa
A Luxury Tented Camp in South Africa
Amakhala Game Reserve, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Positioned in a secluded corner of the Amakhala Game Reserve in the malaria-free Eastern Cape of South Africa, lies HillsNek Safaris. This intimate family-run lodge, set on the banks of the Bushman’s River with a breathtaking vista of rolling African plains, offers an unprecedented safari experience where privacy and personalized attention is the hallmark of every stay.
The Amakhala Game Reserve is renowned for its truly spectacular topography and boasts 5 of South Africa’s 7 biomes. It is a particularly diverse and picturesque reserve, and has the Bushman’s River meandering through it. Amakhala boasts an abundant variety of wildlife including the Big 5, and over 250 species of birdlife thereby offering dynamic and abundant wildlife experiences on game drives, night drives, walking safaris and boat cruises.
The lodge sets a spectacular stage for viewing those unforgettable African sunsets followed by pleasant evenings sitting around a copper bowl fireplace appreciating those starry nights and the Milky Way almost at your finger tips.
All four tents are linked to the main lodge by raised wooden walkways. The tents are complete with an en-suite bathroom and romantic outside shower. With all the canvas windows rolled up one may appreciate the beauty of nature from the comfort of your bed or whilst soaking in a deep bubble bath.
HillsNek is ideal for families, small groups or those seeking a truly romantic retreat and is available as an exclusive-use lodge on request.
WHY CHOOSE HILLSNEK SAFARI CAMP?
- Amakhala Game Reserve was announced the winner in the Best Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape category.
- The Bushman’s River winds its way through the reserve providing its life source of water to the myriad of wildlife and birdlife.
- The majestic lion, herds of elephant, buffalo and giraffe, cheetah and endangered white and black rhino make up the big game component. Amakhala Game Reserve is also home to substantial herds of plains game species including zebra, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, oryx and eland to name but a few.
- Tents are discreetly positioned, ensuring maximum privacy and tranquility.
- Perfect for honeymooners
Hillsnek Safari Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019 - 2020||15 Dec ‘19 - 28 Feb ‘20||–||ZAR 7540|
|2020||May - Sep||–||ZAR 5580|
|2020 - 2021||1 Oct - 14 Dec; 1 Mar 2021 - 30 Apr 2021||–||ZAR 7380|
|2020 - 2021||15 Dec ‘20 - 28 Feb ‘21||–||ZAR 7980|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Hillsnek Safari Camp rates include:
- Luxury en-suite accommodation
- All meals and snacks
- Select beverages, South African beers and wine
- Tea and coffees
- Open Game-Viewing vehicle safaris
- Return transfers from the Conservation Centre to the lodge.
- Laundry Services
- Items from the curio shop
- Airport Transfers
- Conservation Levy
Children of all ages are welcome to Hillsnek Safari Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
HillsNek Safaris, Grahamstown, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Read Hillsnek Safari Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »