Situated in the heart of the Matobo Hills, just outside the boundary of the national park, lies the Khayelitshe House. Enclosed by the iconic balancing rocks and surrounded by a natural amphitheatre of massive boulders, Khayelitshe House got its name from the Ndebele words ‘Ekhaya’ and ‘Litshe’- Home in the Rocks. Khayelitshe House’s charm comes from its simplicity and organic blueprint. Drawing inspiration from travels throughout Africa, the eclectic design brings both tranquillity and energy. This is a home that is completely off-the-grid, one that inspires peacefulness and being at one with nature.
The environmentally friendly design blends in perfectly with the ancient and majestic landscape that surrounds the property. Fully serviced and consisting of 4 en-suite bedrooms with incredible views from every window, the house inspires a feeling of remoteness that is hard to capture. The private land around Khayelitshe House covers over 1200 acres of breath-taking wilderness, making it a beautiful escape from the grind of daily life.
WHY CHOOSE KHAYELITSHE HOUSE?
- Set within Matobo Hills, Khayelitshe House offers you the opportunity to explore the area and everything it has to offer.
- Lead by an experienced private guide, you’ll see the magnificent wildlife indigenous to the area.
- Explore the Matobo Hills area on foot either on a short walk or a longer hike.
- Matobo Hills has one of the last populations of wild white rhinos in the world.
Khayelitshe House Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||Jan - Dec||Exclusive use||US $ 2400|
Rates are Per House / Villa unless otherwise specified.
Khayelitshe House rates include:
- All meals
- All beverages including premium imported spirits and champagne
- National Parks Fees, Museum fees
- Full Service
Children of all ages are welcome at Khayelitshe House.
Hiking / Trekking
Khayelitshe House Map
Matobo National Park, Zimbabwe