Manda Bay is a small boutique lodge located on the tip of an unspoiled, idyllic island in Lamu’s archipelago where you kick off your shoes and enjoy simplistic beauty in palm thatched cottages and open living spaces. Manda Bay is perfect for honeymooners, families and groups looking to enjoy time together.
Manda Bay combines a bush and beach experience. Whilst miles of soft yellow sand and coconut palms surround the lodge itself, the bush behind the lodge is dry country scattered with doum palms, Acacia Tortilis and savannah-like scrub. It is a jewel in the Kenyan coastline and sits on stunning beaches and clear waters.
The bedrooms are cottages constructed with local materials in the traditional coastal style, with palm thatch roofs and woven matting covering the floor. There are sixteen rooms facing the ocean. The bathrooms have twin basins, flushing toilets and hot showers. Of these, seven rooms have king-size double beds and nine rooms that can be made into double or twin beds. There are six garden rooms, which have twin beds and single wash hand basin, toilet and shower en-suite.
WHY CHOOSE MANDA BAY?
- Renowned for its excellent food, Manda Bay creates delicious gourmet cuisine, using the freshest ingredients possible including a large variety of hand-selected seafood.
- Manda Bay is committed to making a sustainable difference to the people in surrounding communities; to protecting the environment, marine life and wildlife.
- Miles of tropical beach accessible at low tide, completely empty and not populated by anyone other than a few local fishermen.
Manda Bay Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||21st DECEMBER - 4th JANUARY||BEACHFRONT & SEAVIEW||US $ 420|
|2019||5th JANUARY - 20th DECEMBER||BEACHFRONT & SEAVIEW||US $ 280|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Manda Bay rates include:
- All meals during your stay
- Desalinated drinking water
- Airstrip transfers from Manda airport
- Use of the swimming pool
- Use of Games Room activities
- Use of yoga room
- Kayaking, Sailing, Windsurfing, SUP boarding
- Laundry & WiFi
Rates exclude: All motorized boating, fishing, drinks and gratuities.
Children under 5 years are free of charge. Children’s rates apply from 5-12 years old.
Hiking / Trekking
Manda Bay Reviews
Manda Bay Map
Lamu Island, Kenya