Moremi Crossing, Okavango Delta, Botswana
A Tented Camp in Botswana
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Under One Botswana Sky
Located near the most southern part of Chief’s Island, Moremi Crossing is situated on a small palm fringed and treed island called Ntswi which is surrounded by the Moremi’s game-rich seasonal floodplains. Moremi Crossing is a short scenic 20 minute flight from Maun.
The central mess area houses a large open plan deck that has spectacular far reaching views over the Boro River onto Chief’s Island. This half moon shaped area is built on different levels to give you the feeling of space. Dining room, bar and lounge is covered by a large thatched roof that hugs the ancient riverine tree line and accentuates its most beautiful assets. Various small private lounge areas are created for comfort, privacy and spaciousness. Within the tree line you will find a nice shaded decked area that leads to the pool. The whole camp is shaded by magnificent Llala Palms, Giant Ebony, Mangosteen, Sausage and Giant Fig trees.
Moremi Crossing offers luxury accommodation in 16 new-style vintage safari tents, each with its own private wooden deck and magical views over the Boro River on to Chief’s Island. All meru tents are large and airy with en suite bathrooms consisting of shower and toilet.
Moremi Crossing being a water based camp offers a wide variety of animal and bird species, our walks on Chief’s Island give you the opportunity to get a better view of not just the big animals but the smaller insects and birds that contribute to the Okavango’s vast ecosystem. Game which has been spotted on walks has been Lion, Leopard, Wild dog, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Buffalo, Red Lechwe and many more. On the mokoro’s you get to see the water birds like African Jacana’s, African Fish eagles and if you look carefully you will see the Malakite Kingfishers darting between the reeds, there is also a chance that your guide will find the rare Pel’s Fishing owl.
WHY CHOOSE MOREMI CROSSING?
- Game walks are conducted on Chief’s Island where you may come across numerous animal species not to mention our wide selection of birds and insects.
- boat cruises up and down the Boro River or you can take advantage of the relaxed atmosphere of the camp and its facilities.
- Through the provision of high quality guiding services and new custom made boats Moremi Crossing offers a more personalizedwildlife experience. Activities on offer are half or full day mokoro trips with game walks, bush walks with picnic lunch, wilderness camping and sunset motorboat cruises.
Moremi Crossing Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1 Apr – 30 Jun, 1 Nov – 14 Nov||Stays of 1-5 nights||US $ 595|
|2022||Jul – Oct||Stays of 1-5 nights||US $ 700|
|2022 - 2023||15 Nov 2022 – 31 Mar 2023||Stays of 1-5 nights||US $ 450|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Moremi Crossing rates include:
- Accommodation, Scheduled activities and Laundry
- All meals, Snacks, Tea & coffees, Local Brand Beverages ( alcoholic & non-alcoholic),
- National park fees and all Government levies and taxes
- Emergency Evacuation Cover ( guests still require their own insurance)
- Wilderness Camping out of Gunn’s Camp & Moremi Crossing: Dome tents, all the camping equipment, meals, beverages, p/fees
Children 6 years and above are welcome at Moremi Crossing.
Hiking / Trekking
Moremi Crossing Safari Lodge, Botswana
Read Moremi Crossing Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »