Olerai House is one of Kenya’s best-kept secrets, a charming and relaxing getaway on the shores of Lake Naivasha, where you can immerse yourself in luxury and comfort in a beautiful farmhouse on a private wildlife sanctuary just two hours by road from Nairobi. Nature was left to take charge of this former cattle farm in 2001, and today, the farmhouse is shrouded in bougainvillea and the scent of wildflowers fills the warm air. Wild animals graze beneath soaring acacias, while down by the lake fish eagles swoop in for a kill or cry their haunting call as hippos harrumph close by. It is one of those secret little gems where people in the know go for a romantic weekend, for a break with the family from the stresses of the city, or to iron out hours of travel fatigue. Come to stay with us, pamper yourself and your loved ones, and feel yourself breathe deeper and slower as you reconnect with a simpler rhythm. We will do everything we can to make you feel at home.
Olerai is one of those hidden places to go for a romantic weekend, to get away from the smoky rumbles of city life or to iron out hours of travel fatigue. The sanctuary is a private Garden of Eden, where by day one can stroll across the verdant grass surrounded by hundreds of wild yet curious animals. As twilight falls, hippo and buffalo emerge from the papyrus, hyena call and leopard pad silently down the main avenue. This is the time to huddle around a warm log fire, sip wine, tell stories and luxuriate in the sounds of the night.
WHY CHOOSE OLERAI HOUSE?
- A farm with history: A private estate in the same family since 1929, now a wildlife haven and sanctuary.
- Colourful and artistic: A family-run, high-end boutique location, with beautifully decorated rooms, direct access to lawns and fields that stretch to the shores of Lake Naivasha and look upon Mt Longonot beyond
- Peaceful and charming: A haven of tranquility and beauty set among giant acacia trees.
- Secrets of the sanctuary: Intimate yet open to nature. Embrace the freedom. Walk among zebra, giraffe and gazelle. Watch monkeys playing. Pick your own fresh herbs and vegetables. Chat in the friendly kitchen. Enjoy the smell of freshly baked bread and rosemary-scented roast chicken straight from the oven.
- Place to let go: A welcome change from city life or rough safari roads, with soft green lawns, an explosion of flowers and a chance to get up close to animals on foot, or mingle with monkeys and zebras at lunch.
- Organic homemade and original dishes: Produce from the abundant organic potagers (gardens) forms the basis of every meal, made according to Oria’s family recipes. Take kikapus of farm vegetables, homemade marmalade, chutneys, relishes and freshly baked bread, home to enjoy.
- Close to Nairobi: A two-to-three hour drive from Nairobi or 20-minute flight, landing at either Loldia Airstrip, 10 mins from Olerai, or Olerai’s private airstrip.
Olerai House Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||6 Jan - 19 Dec 2019||–||US $ 450|
|2019||20 Dec 2019 - 5 Jan 2020||–||US $ 495|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details.
Hiking / Trekking
Olerai House Reviews
Olerai House Map
Olerai House Naivasha, Lake Naivasha, Kenya