Pole Pole Bungalows, Mafia Island, Tanzania
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Tanzania
Mafia Island, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
Pole Pole is located in the Chole Bay area, near Utende village on the southeast coast of the Mafia Island Marine Park. It lies on the beach, within a tropical garden, overlooking a spectacular view of the Mafia Archipelago and the Indian Ocean.
Pole Pole, considered one of the most exclusive eco-resorts in the world, is renowned for its great cuisine, unpretentious and laid-back atmosphere, and warm but discrete hospitality. Balancing luxury with respect for local culture and environment, it is the perfect place to relax after a safari, and the ideal base for exploring the underwater wonders of Mafia Island. With a touch of style!
Seven luxury bungalow suites, elegant and spacious, are set among the coconut palms overlooking the bay. The rooms are furnished with carved and antique pieces, and both twin and double beds are available. Two bungalows are family suites, containing two rooms separated by a shared bathroom and a small corridor for privacy. The large private verandas are furnished with a Zanzibari day-bed, chairs and a coffee table. All bungalows are self-contained, and all have ceiling fans to keep them cool.
WHY CHOOSE POLE POLE BUNGALOWS?
- The cuisine is a combination of diverse culinary traditions and cultures, with an Italian touch of class.
- The activities in the marine park are: scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and visiting the local villages.
- Examples of most kinds of tropical marine habitat occur here, including exposed fringing reefs, rock walls, soft coral and algae-dominated reefs.
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Pole Pole Bungalows Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1- 31 Aug, 1 Oct - 15 Nov, 20 Dec - 10 Jan 2023||Full Board - Double Occupancy||US $ 295|
|2022||Sept; 16 Nov - 19 Dec; 11 Jan - 31 July||Full Board - Double Occupancy||US $ 260|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Pole Pole Bungalows rates include:
• 3 meals and early morning tea
• Transfers to and from Mafia airport
• One daily boat excursion in Chole Bay. The daily boat excursion can comprise any one of the following, depending on tides, weather, and availability: Snorkeling (incl. snorkel equipment); Chole Island (excl. $5 village levy); Kua Ruins; Juani Channel; Fisherman Island; Marimbani Sandbank; Sunset Cruise . Tea, coffee, and bottled water included.
• Laundry (2 items per person per day)
Children 10 years and above are welcome at Pole Pole Bungalows.
Hiking / Trekking
Pole Pole Bungalows, P.O. Box 198 - Mafia Island, Tanzania
Read Pole Pole Bungalows Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »