Pole Pole Bungalows
Pole Pole is located in the Chole Bay area, near Utende village on the southeast coast of the Mafia Island Marine Park. It lies on the beach, within a tropical garden, overlooking a spectacular view of the Mafia Archipelago and the Indian Ocean.
Pole Pole, considered one of the most exclusive eco-resorts in the world, is renowned for its great cuisine, unpretentious and laid-back atmosphere, and warm but discrete hospitality. Balancing luxury with respect for local culture and environment, it is the perfect place to relax after a safari, and the ideal base for exploring the underwater wonders of Mafia Island. With a touch of style!
Seven luxury bungalow suites, elegant and spacious, are set among the coconut palms overlooking the bay. The rooms are furnished with carved and antique pieces, and both twin and double beds are available. Two bungalows are family suites, containing two rooms separated by a shared bathroom and a small corridor for privacy. The large private verandas are furnished with a Zanzibari day-bed, chairs and a coffee table. All bungalows are self-contained, and all have ceiling fans to keep them cool.
WHY CHOOSE POLE POLE BUNGALOWS?
- The cuisine is a combination of diverse culinary traditions and cultures, with an Italian touch of class.
- The activities in the marine park are: scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and visiting the local villages.
- Examples of most kinds of tropical marine habitat occur here, including exposed fringing reefs, rock walls, soft coral and algae-dominated reefs.
Pole Pole Bungalows Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||1 - 31 August; 1 October - 15 November; 20 December - 10 January||–||US $ 295|
|2019 - 2020||June; July; September; 16 November – 19 December; 11 Jan – 31 March 2020||–||US $ 260|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Pole Pole Bungalows rates include:
- 3 meals and early morning tea
- Transfers to and from Mafia airport
- One daily boat excursion in Chole Bay
- Tea, coffee and bottled water
- Laundry (2 items per person per day)
Children 10 years and above are welcome at Pole Pole Bungalows.
Hiking / Trekking
Pole Pole Bungalows Reviews
Pole Pole Bungalows Map
Pole Pole Bungalows, P.O. Box 198 - Mafia Island, Tanzania