Rattray’s on MalaMala, Malamala Game Reserve, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Malamala Game Reserve, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Malamala Game Reserve
Tucked away in a forest of green, on the banks of the world renowned Sand River, lies a special place. Rattray’s on MalaMala offers an intimate glimpse of an era long lost, when travellers from afar married the magic of the African bush with elegance and refinement. Combining humble opulence and romantic exclusivity with unrivalled game viewing, Rattray’s on MalaMala is the premier safari destination for those seeking to experience the wild heart of Africa.
Each luxurious freestanding and spacious Khaya (Zulu word for ‘home’) offers an atmosphere of lush seclusion and boasts spectacular views of the Sand River where wildlife of all shapes and sizes can be viewed whilst taking a dip in the private plunge pool, cooling off in the outdoor shower or enjoying a massage on the deck.
The camp offers, amongst other things, a gym, an infinity swimming pool, a steam room and a massage service.
At Rattray’s on MalaMala, wildlife safaris are our number one priority. A maximum of only four guests per safari vehicle is allowed and a flexible operation ensures your adventures into the bush will be intimate and unforgettable. An experienced and proficient ranger will serve as a guide and host, offering a level of service second to none.
Sumptuous meals can be enjoyed in a variety of locations including in the privacy and comfort of your Khaya, or even experience a delicious bush breakfast.
WHY CHOOSE RATTRAY’S ON MALAMALA?
- A beautifully appointed library containing rare African books and magnificent works of art
- An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
- A historic bar featuring photographs of the early days of this unique area and its pioneers
- A large wooden safari deck where meals are served – and an awesome game viewing experience in itself!
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multigym machine, sit up benches, free weights, mats and a steam room
Rattray’s on MalaMala Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 Jan – 31 Dec||–||US $ 1200|
|2020||01 Jan – 31 Dec||–||US $ 1320|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Rattray’s on MalaMala rate Inclusions:-
- Air-conditioned, en-suite accommodation
- All meals and snacks
- Drinks (excluding premium brands)
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
- Nature walks
- Transfers to/from the MalaMala Game Reserve airstrip
- Limited laundry service
Children 16 years and above are welcome at Rattray’s on MalaMala.
Hiking / Trekking
Rattray's on MalaMala, Sabie Park, South Africa
Read Rattray’s on MalaMala Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »