Sanctuary Baines’ Camp, Okavango Delta, Botswana
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Intimacy is guaranteed at Sanctuary Baines’ Camp, an exclusive hideaway perched above the Boro River in a private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve.
The smallest camp in our portfolio, with just six beautiful suites, every detail of the space has been crafted to foster romance and connection. From the star baths and sky beds found on each private deck to the camp’s elevated position on raised platforms high above the water, you won’t find a better spot for blissed out adventures à deux.
Named after the 19th century explorer and painter Thomas Baines, a pioneering spirit runs through the camp’s design, with its wide wooden walkways that connect and surround the large communal areas and luxurious, stilted standalone suites, all of which are decked out in bold, dynamic décor.
The extended decking of this papyrus-fringed camp ushers in the world-famous Okavango Delta, ensuring guests feel fully part of this extraordinary wildlife-rich ecosystem, where desert meets wetland and wilderness meets luxury.
One of the finest places to experience the magic of this location is at the swimming pool. The ideal spot to observe the varied wildlife present here, watch hippos wallow at the edge of the lagoon or get to know one of the many elephants who live in the area.
Proudly eco-friendly, this property was built using only commercially grown wood, with more than 150,000 recycled aluminium cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation. We encouraged our local community in Maun to collect cans, with a fee paid for every can, which were then recycled to form the backbone of the camp’s structures.
WHY CHOOSE SANCTUARY BAINES’ CAMP?
- Offers unique Living with Elephants activity
- Romantic sky beds and star baths on your private deck
- Located on a private concession which means we can offer walking and night drives
- Seasonal Mokoro excursions and motorised boating available
- Eco-friendly camp built from cans
Sanctuary Baines' Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|3 January - 31 March; 1 November - 20 December
|1 - 3 Nights
|US $ 1271
|1 April - 31 May; 1 October - 31 October
|1 - 3 Nights
|US $ 1400
|1 June - 30 September; 21 December - 2 January 2025
|1 - 3 Nights
|US $ 2400
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Sanctuary Baines’ Camp rates include:
- Airstrip transfers (or return airport transfer from/to Kasane Airport for Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero),
- All meals, and non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (with exception of premium brands and Champagne),
- All game viewing activities (with the exception of Walking with Elephants activity at Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp & Sanctuary Baines’ Camp),
- Laundry services, emergency medical evacuation and park fees.
Children 6 years and older are welcome at Sanctuary Baines’ Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Sanctuary Baines Camp, Ngamiland East, North-West District, Botswana
Read Sanctuary Baines' Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »