Selinda Explorers Camp by Great Plains Conservation
A Mobile Safari Camp in Botswana
Selinda Concession, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Great Plains Conservation
Selinda Explorers Camp is located in the 320,000 acre Selinda Reserve of northern Botswana and is built on the banks of the Selinda Spillway, about one hour west of its sister camp, Selinda. This classic camp transports us back to the time of authentic safaris, but with a modern twist and hospitality. Whiling away afternoons under the canopy of African ebony and Mopane trees, interspersed with walks and canoeing, make this a respite from the ‘daily grind’ of a traditional safari.
Selinda Explorers Camp is an ideal property for those guests who want to experience Botswana’s extraordinary wildlife but in the most private setting. Selinda Explorers Camp is ideal for individual travellers, couples, families and small groups of up to eight guests sharing. This camp combines beautifully with Zarafa Camp.
The camp sits in prime predator habitat, in a location which we handpicked based on exploring this area for years. Lion, leopard and cheetah and the recently discovered Explorers Pack of African wild dog hunt these parts regularly. Good densities of giraffe, buffalo (in the dry season) and all the antelope – even including roan and sable and recently spotted eland – are possible sightings. At the peak of the dry season in late September, the Selinda Reserve has been documented to hold up to 9,000 elephants. There is phenomenal bird life along the Spillway’s banks for those looking for some ‘lifers’.
Selinda Explorers Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||11 January - 31 March 2019||–||US $ 825|
|2019||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December 2019||–||US $ 900|
|2019||15 June - 31 October 2019||–||US $ 1350|
|2019||20 December 2019 - 10 January 2020||–||US $ 1010|
|2020||11 January - 31 March||–||US $ 865|
|2020||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 960|
|2020||15 June - 31 October; 20 December 2020 - 10 January 2021||–||US $ 1485|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
- Fully inclusive of accommodation, scheduled wildlife activities, laundry services, meals, return airstrip road transfers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brand spirits and champagne).
- Exclusive of mandatory nightly conservation levy, flights and relevant spa services.
- Pilot/guide rates are net and non-commissionable.
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- Activities of canoeing and walking will cater to family ability & safety.
- Child rates are applicable for up to two children aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in the family tent.
- Should the family tent be unavailable, child rates are applicable for up to one child aged 15 and younger sharing with two adults in a tent.
- Children 16 and older will pay applicable adult rates and be accommodated in a separate tent.
- Families will be combined with other guests on all activities.
Hiking / Trekking
SELINDA EXPLORERS CAMP, Ngamiland North, North-West District, Botswana
Read Selinda Explorers Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »