Shipwreck Lodge, Skeleton Coast National Park, Namibia
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Namibia
Skeleton Coast, Namibia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Uniquely designed around the enigmatic shipwrecks that line Namibia’s Skeleton Coast, there’s nowhere on the continent quite like Shipwreck Lodge. In fact, there’s nowhere on the continent quite like the Skeleton Coast. It’s a raw, rugged and impossibly remote slice of African wilderness, where towering dunes and wind-swept plains roll as far as the eye can see, buffeted by the icy Atlantic seas.
But there’s much more to the area than simple isolation. Stay at Shipwreck Lodge and game drive in search of desert-dwelling fauna; discover the enchanting desert flora (succulents and lichens); sit atop the dunes as the sun sinks below the horizon; spend the day beach-combing for whale bones and debris from centuries of shipwrecks; and marvel at the geologically-remarkable Clay Castles. Really, there’s nowhere like it on earth.
WHY CHOOSE SHIPWRECK LODGE?
• This is a chance to explore a raw, rugged and impossibly remote slice of African wilderness.
• Stay in some of the most unique and dramatic accommodation on the continent – not many can say they’ve slept in a shipwreck after all!
• Spend a day exploring the dry riverbeds, starting with a sunrise breakfast overlooking the incredible landscape and ending with a climb to the top of the great roaring dunes.
• Learn about the history behind the dramatic shipwrecks that line the mist-enshrouded coastline.
• Look for tok-tokkie beetles and the unusual plants and lichens that survive in the cold fog that rolls off the ocean.
• Combine a stay with Hoanib Valley Camp and enjoy a one-of-a-kind transfer drive through the changing scenery and dramatic landscapes.
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Shipwreck Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||10 January - 31 March||–||NAD 13950|
|2023||01 April - 30 June; 01 November - 19 December||–||NAD 17400|
|2023||01 July - 31 July; 01 September - 30 September; 20 December - 09 January 2024||–||NAD 19995|
|2023||01 August - 31 August; 01 October - 31 October||–||NAD 22495|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Shipwreck Lodge rates include: Accommodation, all meals & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding & VAT
Children 6 years and above are welcome at Shipwreck Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Shipwreck Lodge, Mowe Bay, Namibia
We are travelling at the moment!
We are travelling across remote parts of Africa without access to stable internet. Thus, we are not accepting new enquiries at the moment.
We will be happy to assist you with your travels to Africa when we return (June 1, 2023).
Hope you have a great summer!
Team Chalo Africa
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Namibia »