The Manta, Pemba Island, Tanzania
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Tanzania
Pemba Island, Tanzania
Per Person Per Night
Switch off your noisy, pressurized, polluted electronic world and enter a completely different one – not as a tourist, but as a sentient human being with simple needs – sunshine, fresh sweet-smelling air, natural food, a pristine comfortable bed and friendly company to care for you and yours. All to be found folded into the edge of a primitive forest and set on rising land overlooking the purest, most turquoise waters that ever caught your breath – these waters hide secrets of the most exquisite kind – coral reefs unspoilt – and they are fringed by snow white, delicately soft sand on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
This is Manta, our treasured hideaway where you can feel the simplicity of a naturally evolved traditional Swahili island culture – and timeless peace and quiet.
The one and only! A private floating island with your bedroom four meters below the surface. It is yours to enjoy while sunbathing and stargazing on the top deck, lounging and dining on the water deck and sleeping surrounded by a tropical marine environment.
The Sea Front Villas are air conditioned, spacious and private, with a centered king size bed and large en-suite bathroom. A secluded sun terrace faces a spectacular ocean sunset.
Two pairs make up the four Superior Garden Rooms with views of the sea between the foliage. Each pair of rooms have an interconnecting door which makes it an excellent choice for families or larger groups. The Superior Garden Rooms are air conditioned with a king size four poster bed and private makuti thatch covered terrace.
The standard rooms are open plan makuti thatched rooms situated in our gardens. They all feature a centered king size bed covered by a mosquito net, open plan ensuite bathroom, and a comfortable veranda to relax on.
WHY CHOOSE THE MANTA?
- Feel part of our Pemban family, our local staff, trained from the go to translate their natural unspoilt kindness and happiness into helping you in all ways to enjoy freedom and low-key modern comfort.
- Anchored in an ocean floor anomaly, the floating underwater room tops almost anything. Encapsulated within a turquoise blue bubble, watching shoals of reef fish swim by – sometimes in three or four layers of different species, this is a truly heart-stopping, yet awakening, experience.
- The diving around Pemba Island, Zanzibar is nothing else but breathtaking.
The Manta Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 July 2019 – 28 Feb 2020||Seafront Villa||US $ 460|
|2019||01 July 2019 – 28 Feb 2020||Superior Garden Room||US $ 370|
|2019||01 July 2019 – 28 Feb 2020||Standard Garden Room||US $ 310|
|2019||01 July 2019 – 28 Feb 2020||Underwater Room||US $ 850|
|2019||01 Mar – 30 Jun||Seafront Villa||US $ 368|
|2019||01 Mar – 30 Jun||Superior Garden Room||US $ 296|
|2019||01 Mar – 30 Jun||Standard Garden Room||US $ 248|
|2019||01 Mar – 30 Jun||Underwater Room||US $ 680|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
The Manta rates include:
- All Food
- Breakfast (Pastry & Fruit platter, followed by English Breakfast
- Lunch (Choice of 2 options for starter and main course)
- Dinner (3 course dinner, 2 options for starter and main course)
- All Beverages Soft drinks, Juices, Mineral Water, Coffee/Tea, Cocktails, Wines, Beers and all alcoholic beverages
- Spa Treatments. One treatment per person, per day at our Kipepeo Spa
- Kayaks from the beach
- Laundry and Free WiFi internet in main lounge area
Children 7 years and above are welcome at The Manta.
Hiking / Trekking
The Manta Resort - Pemba Island, Psv-zanzibar Estate, Tanzania
Read The Manta Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Tanzania »