Xigera Safari Lodge, Okavango Delta, Botswana
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Okavango Delta, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Red Carnation Hotels
Xigera Safari Lodge is located in the Moremi Game Reserve with private access to a 6 000-hectare (15 000-acre) wetland paradise in the heart of the Delta. Situated on one of the Okavango’s key waterways, Xigera Safari Lodge is surrounded by picturesque papyrus swamps and wooded islands and is renowned for its very high density of sitatunga antelope. The area is known for remarkable mammal sightings including red lechwe, spotted-necked otter, elephant, buffalo, reedbuck and tsessebe Predators include lion, spotted hyaena and leopard. Guests are sometimes treated to close-up views of lion or leopard using the footbridge connecting Xigera to the next island!
This concession lies in an International Birding Area (IBA) with many ‘Okavango specials’ being present, including Pel’s Fishing-Owl, African Skimmer, Brown Firefinch, Greater Swamp Warbler, Wattled Crane, African Pygmy Goose and Lesser Jacana.
Enchantingly elegant, comfortable and intimate, with an aura of eclectic adventure, Xigera Safari Lodge subtly reflects the untamed environment outside, with a deck that extends to include an outdoor daybed with uninterrupted views over the floodplain. Family-owned and run passion, warm and caring teams, generous hospitality, Bea Tollman’s legendary dishes, stunning, unique and thoughtful design, innovation and world class quality and experiences.
Our 12 guest suites have been carefully sited so as to maximise the protection given by these magnificent trees, while at the same time allowing endless views out over the floodplains and passing wildlife. They are 100% solar powered and fully air conditioned.
The suites are situated on two islands, bridged together with an extraordinary bronze lily centrepiece designed by Anton de Kock and created by Otto du Plessis. Each suite will float delicately above the water, allowing wildlife to pass uninterruptedly beneath, innovatively created without the use of any concrete. Inspired by a sighting on his first visit to the site, Architect Anton de Kock conceptualised each suite as a Pel’s Fishing Owl in flight – one of Africa’s most sought-after and elusive birds.
Hand-crafted bronze elements, local artwork and artisan furniture made with natural materials blend African authenticity and high design, creating a thoughtful space with a sense of place in the magical wilds of Botswana. Each custom piece gives a sense of discovery, inspired by the spectacular natural environment just beyond, where the tents nestle discretely among the Delta tree lines.
WHY CHOOSE XIGERA SAFARI LODGE?
- Situated on the western side of the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta of Botswana
- Sprawled under a beautiful canopy of ancient trees, with epic views over the floodplains
- Guests arrive by light aircraft transfer or chartered plane (25 miles from Maun) and approach the lodge via an elevated bridge
- Suspended on stilts and connected by elevated walkways to protect the pristine environment
- Two luxury spa rooms, offering a diverse range of wellness treatments and restorative healing
- Extensive spa programme with guest practitioners focused on mindfulness, wellness and holistic healing, tapping into the natural powers of the bush
- Wellness areas including a state-of-the-art gym and an inky-dark swimming pool gazing directly over the river
- With undulating roofs and scorched timber cladding, the architecture blends seamlessly with the surroundings
- Sunken lounge featuring a massive copper-clad fireplace in the form of a lily, the Xigera emblem
- Human-sized woven nests by renowned South African artist Porky Hefer rest on the decks for guests to nestle in
- A curated collection of bespoke furniture and sculptures by more than 30 African artists and craftsmen including Andile Dyalvane, Dokter and Misses, Dylan Lewis, Porky Hefer and Ardmore Ceramics
- An interactive kitchen and dining room, serving African-inspired cuisine and Mrs Tollman’s signature dishes
- Air-conditioned library stocked with research material, wildlife documentaries and hosting informative talks by visiting specialists
- Shaded lily-inspired pavilion overlooking the water ’s edge
- Children aged 12 and over are welcome, with a varied list of activities to tailor-make their experience
- Dedicated to sustainability and eliminating single-use plastics, with what may be the largest solar farm in the Delta, enabling the lodge to be 100% solar powered, and thermodynamic geysers to provide hot water with minimal energy use
Xigera Safari Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2020||Oct||–||US $ 3810|
|2020||1 Nov - 19 Dec||–||US $ 2500|
|2020||20 Dec - 5 Jan||–||US $ 3450|
|2021||6 Jan - 31 Mar||–||US $ 2320|
|2021||1 Apr - 30 Apr||–||US $ 2650|
|2021||1 May - 31 May||–||US $ 3160|
|2021||1 Jun - 31 Oct||–||US $ 3995|
|2021||1 Nov - 19 Dec||–||US $ 2630|
|2021||20 Dec - 5 Jan||–||US $ 3575|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Xigera Camp rates include –
- All meals
- Park fees, accommodation taxes, applicable tourism levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT)
- All non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (with the exception of wines, spirits and champagnes on the Premium List)
- Daily laundry service (weather and water supply permitting)
- All activities, including game drives, boating, seasonal catch-and-release fishing, mekoro excursions, walking, scheduled yoga classes, use of the gym, pool and library
- In-suite Wi-Fi
- Children aged 12 and over are welcome at Xigera Safari Lodge and the full adult rate is charged
- Children aged between 12 and 16 years must share a suite with one adult
- Children partaking in boating or mokoro excursions must wear life vests at all times
- For safety reasons, children under 13 may not participate in walking or mokoro excursions
Hiking / Trekking
Xigera Camp, Botswana
Read Xigera Safari Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »