Special offers for Ant’s Nest available for July and August, 2014.
– The Family cottage the rack rate will be R15 500 per night instead of the normal R17 000
– The World view cottage R 17 500 per night instead of R19 400 per night
For Hideaway, Lookout and Weaver: a special deal when kids are sharing with their parents, if there are two kids, one kid pays 50% and the second child stays for free. If only one child shares the child will stay free.
All of the above are subject to availability
Specialising in family safaris, Ant’s Nest and Ant’s Hill are both very private bush homes. They are located on their own private game reserve in the magnificent, malaria-free Waterberg region of the Limpopo province in South Africa.
Their aim is to provide our guests with a unique safari experience, offering a wide range of activities to keep everyone entertained, from the youngest to the oldest, the fittest to those most in need of a rest.
You can enjoy fabulous game viewing in a variety of ways:
– Guided game walks, from a gentle stroll down the plains to a more strenuous hike over rugged hills, which enable you to gain a detailed knowledge of African fauna and flora.
– Game drives in open 4 wheel drive Land-cruisers, which allow you to cover more ground and experience wildlife in a traditional but less energetic way.
– They have 70 horses so can offer some of the most exciting game viewing on horseback in Africa, whatever your age or riding ability.
– They are very flexible. Your guide will tailor-make each day specifically to suit you and your family – so wake up when you want and enjoy a time of pure relaxation or action packed excitement.
Ant’s Nest and Ant’s Hill are owned and run by Ant and Tessa Baber. The Baber family were one of the earliest pioneers in the area, settling here in 1886. Of English and Irish descent, they carry with them a love for Africa’s wide open spaces, adventure and a passion for its wildlife. In the mid 1990’s Ant and Tessa renovated an old ranch house, which became Ant’s Nest and, in 2003, built Ant’s Hill above a spectacular gorge, designing each room to make the most of the magnificent view.
Specialising in a home from home experience, both lodges can either be booked exclusively, to one group at a time, or you can book just one room, making it a wonderful destination for families, riders, honeymooners or just good friends travelling together.