Book two or more nights at Gibb’s Farm in Tanzania and receive the following additions:
- All inclusive Beverages: Selection of Soft beverages, fruit juices, pouring wine, bottled beers and house branded spirits
- Wifi: Complimentary WiFi is available in the main Farm house.
- Dawn Chorus: Wake up call with Coffee or Tea at Dawn.
- Morning Bird Census: Avid Biirders are encouraged to join our Naturalists for an early walk around the farm to observe morning birdlife ( over 200 bird species ) for census & behaviour, & contribute to any new sightings.
- Bread Making: Join for early morning bread making ritual.
- Vegetable Harvesting: Join the Chefs for their daily early morning harvesting of fresh organic produce from the vegetable garden.
- Coffee roasting: Experience the traditional coffee cultivation & roasting just as it has been done for generations.
- Afternoon High Tea: Indulge in the simple pleasure of afternoon tea in the garden.
- Tembo Fire: A glorious sunset accompanied with a refreshing drink with our Naturalists & raditional healers share tribal folklore primates, iraqw culture, elephants, traditional medicince and Maasai legends.
- Farm Walk: Experience a real working farm as you explore our organic 10 acre fruit and vegetable gardens and 30 acre coffee fields.
- Garden walk: 40 minutes leisure walk through eigh historic gardens with Horticulturist Lazaro Msasi Gwandu and gardener Daud. Indigenous Medicine walk : Indigenous healers walk you through Ngorongoro forest where you will hear about over 20 medicinal plants described on the walk, commonly used in Tanzania to treat health problems.
- Ngorongoro Forest Walk: Two hour walk through the farm and into Ngorongoro forest.
- Waterfall & Elephants cave walk: Two hour hike throught the forested slopes of Ngorongoro Conservation area.
- Bicycle Safari: An unforgetable way to experience rural Tanzania.
- Laundry services
- Lake Manyara airstrip transfer: Complimentary return transfer to and from the Manyara airstrip
About Gibb’s Farm
A Sense of Well Being
The gentle and soothing ways of Gibb’s Farm offer a welcome retreat for the traveler on safari to Tanzania. You will discover an organic oasis, replete with natural beauty, healthful food and sustainable living. The oldest guest house in northern Tanzania, we are committed to the well-being of our guests, community and natural environment.
A sense of purpose is celebrated with healthful, organic (macrobiotics) foods and elegant, but understated presentations. Organic Arabica coffee is grown, processed using traditional methods and roasted on the farm. A 10-acre organic fruit, vegetable and herb garden, on-site dairy and bakery provide the wonderful ingredients for our farm-to-table cuisine.
Overlooking the coffee fields and stunning East African vista, surrounded by terraced flower gardens and ancient trees, Gibb’s Farm offers a retreat from the rigors of daily life or the adventures of safari. Enjoy peaceful walks in the nearby forest or stroll through our historic gardens. Partake in one of many activities—afternoon tea, bicycle the back roads of Karatu, explore elephant caves—or simply relax on your private verandah. To calm and restore, immerse your senses in a true path of wellness through Gibb’s Farm African Spa, featuring indigenous Maasai healing treatments.
Gibb’s Farm continues the Gibb’s legacy of stewardship, protecting the farm and over 75 acres of land through sustainable practices that include grey-water recycling, solar water heating and organic farming. Our nine floral gardens and English herb garden attract and benefit over 200 bird species. All of our kitchen and food waste is repurposed, either fed to farm pigs or composted to nurture our 7 acres of organic vegetables and 30 acres of organic Arabica coffee.
- At the 2012 Condé Nast Readers Choice Awards, Gibb’s Farm was selected as number 11 in the Top 25 Hotels in Africa category.
- Gibb’s Farm was recognized as the Best Safari Hotel in Africa 2011 and Best Safari Camp Cuisine finalist 2011 & 2010 by The Good Safari Guide.
- Gibb’s Farm received the highest level of recognition in the “Doing It All” category of Condé Nast Traveler’s 2009 World Savers Awards. The honor recognizes Gibb’s Farm’s outstanding contributions in education, wildlife and environmental preservation, and community health initiatives.
- In 2008, the Green Living Project featured Gibb’s Farm in its sustainable living and travel project and lecture series, noting that the farm “elevates environmentally and socially responsible practices in every level of their operations.”
- Awarded Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence Award in 2012.