Babylonstoren, Cape Winelands, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Cape Winelands, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
Babylonstoren is a historic Cape Dutch farm that boasts one of the best preserved farmyards in the Cape. Beloved for its garden that is laid out over 3,5 magnificent hectares (8 acres), the structure divides into 15 sections that include fruit, berries, bees for pollinating, indigenous plants, fragrant lawns, a prickly pear maze, a clivia tunnel and a plethora of trees of historical and botanical import.
The Farm Hotel has 13 guest cottages next to the garden, of which seven have basic kitchens. These were newly built in the Cape Dutch architect style on the foot prints of the original labourers’ cottages.
WHY CHOOSE BABYLONSTOREN?
- Babylonstoren sits at the heart of the wine country, with Simonsberg as backdrop and possibly the finest terroir in the Cape.
- Every aspect of Babylonstoren (including the contemporary Farm Hotel and Spa, the Farm Shop and Bakery) is informed by the ever-changing tapestry and botanical diversity of the garden.
- Guests may also choose to canoe on the farm dam, cycle through the vineyards and orchards or amble down the stream that is lined with thousands of clivias.
Babylonstoren Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||1 January – 30 April; 1 September – 31 December||Farmhouse suite||ZAR 11500|
|2022||1 May - 31 August||Farmhouse suite||ZAR 8700|
|2023||1 January – 30 April; 1 September – 31 December||Farmhouse suite||ZAR 12600|
|2023||1 May - 31 August||Farmhouse suite||ZAR 9400|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Babylonstoren rates include:
- A Babylonstoren breakfast
- Full access to the garden at all times
- A private guided garden tour and farm walk
- Cycling and canoeing/rowing on the farm dam
- Fly fishing
- Afternoon drive (for a two-night stay and longer)
- Morning harvest with the gardeners
- Bread baking with bakers
- Cellar tour and wine tasting
- Guest laundry – six items per day
- Personalised larder in the rooms
- 14% VAT (subject to change)
Children of all ages are welcome at Babylonstoren.
Hiking / Trekking
Babylonstoren, Simondium, South Africa
Read Babylonstoren Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »