Mont Rochelle, Cape Winelands, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Cape Winelands, South Africa
Per Room Per Night
A member of the
Richard Branson's Virgin
Mont Rochelle, a stunning 26 bedroom hotel and vineyard just under an hour’s drive from Cape Town in the town of Franschhoek in South Africa. Franschhoek is a traditional vineyard town in the Western Cape Province famously known as the French Corner of the Cape and is considered to be the food and wine capital of South Africa.
Escape to this picturesque corner of South Africa at the foot of the Klein Dassenberg Mountain Range for relaxation and a superb culinary experience accompanied by some outstanding wines.
Mont Rochelle has 22 rooms including six suites all arranged around the main building. We have five different types of rooms including four Shiraz Rooms with king-size beds all featuring courtyard or valley views. Our six Merlot Rooms are larger than our Shiraz Rooms and also boast king-size beds with valley views. The six Cabernet Rooms include a private terrace overlooking the valley. There are also four even more spacious Pinotage Suites, which each feature a separate lounge and fantastic views. Finally, guests staying in our two largest rooms, our Cap Classique Suites, will enjoy a separate lounge area, a private terrace and their own plunge pool. All rooms can be made up with twin beds on request.
All rooms come with Africology branded bathroom amenities, tea and coffee facilities, a notepad and pen, postcards with stamps, laundry bag, a safety deposit box, hairdryer, a well-stocked minibar, plug adaptor and umbrella.
WHY CHOOSE MONT ROCHELLE?
- The property is just under an hour’s drive from Cape Town and is within 35 minutes’ drive of the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Somerset West wine routes. We can arrange transfers either from the city or from Cape Town International Airport, or if you are coming by car it’s an easy drive to the property.
- Mont Rochelle wine tasting isn’t just a special event – it’s an everyday occurrence.
- Mont Rochelle has two dedicated spa treatment rooms as well as a Hammam.
- A great way to discover the Franschhoek Valley is by the famous wine tram! This is a hop-on, hop-off service offering picturesque vineyards, beautiful scenery, fine wines, and world class cuisine as you travel
We are not accepting new enquiries at the moment!
Mont Rochelle Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2020||22nd Dec 2019 – 30th April 2020||Shiraz Room||ZAR 7800|
|2020||1st May – 31st Aug||Shiraz Room||ZAR 5000|
|2020||1st September - 31 December||Shiraz Room||ZAR 8200|
Rates are Per Room Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Mont Rochelle rates include:
- Daily breakfast
- Complimentary wine tasting session
- Local taxes
- Complimentary selection of drinks and snacks from your minibar
- Complimentary wireless internet throughout the property
- Complimentary transfer service between Mont Rochelle and Franschhoek twice daily at set times
Children of all ages are welcome at Mont Rochelle.
Hiking / Trekking
Mont Rochelle, Franschhoek, South Africa
Read Mont Rochelle Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »