Explorer Camp, Shamwari Game Reserve, South Africa
A Tented Camp in South Africa
Eastern Cape, Shamwari Game Reserve, South Africa
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
During South Africa’s summer season, Shamwari Game Reserve expands its offerings even further by opening the Explorer Camp.
This once-in-a-lifetime experience takes guests on a guided walking safari of the surrounding land, allowing you to get up close and personal with nature. Each tent is luxuriously furnished for comfort in the wilderness.
This explorer camp reflects the original safari of being on foot and sleeping around the fire at night within the comfort of a bush tent.
Guests will enjoy walks through the magnificent Shamwari Game Reserve, whereby their guide will enhance their experience with birding, cultural history and other natural history of the area, along with ample opportunity of some Big 5 encounters.
WHY CHOOSE EXPLORER CAMP?
- Culinary feasts are presented around the camp fire with exquisite silverware. And best of all, guests wake up to tea/coffee, served in front of their tents.
- There is also a classic portable bar with crystal glassware to enjoy the traditional gin and tonic on the viewing deck.
- The walking trails are hosted and guided by an armed qualified walking guide
- The camp site is discreetly fenced for safety reasons but retains true explorer ambiance.
Explorer Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2018||01 March - 30 March||–||ZAR 4480|
|2018||01 April - 30 April||–||ZAR 4520|
|2018||01 September - 30 November||–||ZAR 4555|
|2018||01 December - 31 December||–||ZAR 5195|
|2019||01 January - 31 March||–||ZAR 5195|
|2019||01 April - 30 April||–||ZAR 4555|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Explorer Camp rates include:
- 3 Meals per day
- 2 Game Drives per day
- Local Beverages on Game Drive
- Tea, Coffees and Water
- Guided Walks
- Tourism levy and VAT
- Visits to Educational Centres
Children 16 years and above are welcome at Explorer Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
explorer camp, Shamwari game reserve, South Africa
Read Explorer Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »