Kitich Camp, Mathews Forest, Kenya
A Luxury Tented Camp in Kenya
Mathews Mountains, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
Kitich Camp is a truly remote and private location in a stunning forest glade on the upper slopes of the Mathews Mountains (also known as the Lenkiyio Hills). The forest of the Mathews Mountains covers about 900 km², or 222,000 acres, and the astounding peaks rise 6000 ft. from the surrounding lowlands.
At night, the atmosphere is magical, and the glade is lit for guests to observe the cautious trail of nocturnal visitors, including Melanistic (black-coated) leopard, elephant, bushbuck, and buffalo – all of which come to drink and hunt by the river.
With just six tents situated under a dense tree canopy, overlooking the stunning Ngeng River, this camp is a low-key classic. At Kitich, we provide old fashioned safari comforts, including soft & fresh linen, comfortable double beds, iced drinks, and gracious dining – all in a wonderfully peaceful setting.
WHY CHOOSE KITICH CAMP, MATHEWS FOREST?
- Kitich Camp has been awarded the Gold-level Eco-rating Certificate by Ecotourism Kenya.
- The exclusive setting at Kitich is ideal for that very special romantic holiday.
- “Sundowners” are a safari tradition – after a day of safari; stop, watch the spectacular sunset; traditionally with a gin and tonic in hand!
- Bush picnics are a chance to enjoy lunch, al fresco, in an open forest clearing, or by the river, surrounded by wildlife.
Kitich Camp Mathews Forest Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||16 June - 31 December||Safari Tents||US $ 420|
|2020||1 January – 14 March; 16 June – 31 October; 16 December – 31 December||Safari Tents||US $ 560|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Kitich Camp rates include:
- Full board accommodation ( bottled water, soft drinks, house wines and non-luxury spirits)
- Safari activities including guided bush walks, bush picnics and sundowners
- Scenic cross country visit to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary
- Airstrip transfers from/to Ngelai Airstrip.
Children of all ages are welcome to Kitich Camp Mathews Forest.
Hiking / Trekking
Kitich Camp by Elewana, Samburu County, Kenya
Read Kitich Camp Mathews Forest Reviews TripAdvisor Here
View all accommodation options in Kenya »