Kitich Camp, Mathews Forest, Kenya
A Luxury Tented Camp in Kenya
Mathews Mountains, Kenya
Per Person Per Night
Kitich Forest Camp is in a truly remote and pristine wilderness, located in an exquisite forest glade on the upper slopes of the Mathews Mountains (also known as the Lenkiyio Hills). The Mathews, referred to as a ‘biological bonanza’ and sky island, the massive range rises up from the desert floor to over 6,000ft.
A beautiful enchanting camp with only six tents situated under a dense tree canopy, overlooking the stunning Ngeng River, this camp is a low-key classic with charming en suite bush bathrooms, bucket showers and flush toilets.
Revel in exceptional experiences, bush picnics, swimming in hidden rock pools or witnessing Samburu culture. For the adventurous quad bike across through luggas, over the Samburu landscape visiting the local village or to the local, colourful market day at Ngelai!
At night, the atmosphere is magical, and the glade is lit, look out for elephant, bushbuck and buffalo, as they come a drink by the river.
Kitich is also a fabulous and convenient base for exploring the Northern Frontiers, The Mathews Mountains, The Ndoto Mountains , the Milgis and Lake Turkana… and visiting the Reteti Elephant Sanctuary on the southern slopes of the Mathews range.
WHY CHOOSE KITICH CAMP, MATHEWS FOREST?
- Kitich Camp has been awarded the Gold-level Eco-rating Certificate by Ecotourism Kenya.
- The exclusive setting at Kitich is ideal for that very special romantic holiday.
- “Sundowners” are a safari tradition – after a day of safari; stop, watch the spectacular sunset; traditionally with a gin and tonic in hand!
- Bush picnics are a chance to enjoy lunch, al fresco, in an open forest clearing, or by the river, surrounded by wildlife.
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Kitich Camp Mathews Forest Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||01 January - 31 December||Safari Tents||US $ 560|
|2024||01 January - 31 December||Safari Tents||US $ 585|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Kitich Camp rates include:
• Full board accommodation (filtered drinking water, soft drinks, house wines & non-luxury spirits).
• Safari activities, including guided bush walks, fly-camping or sundowners.
• Airstrip transfers from/to Ngelai Airstrip.
Children of all ages are welcome to Kitich Camp Mathews Forest.
Hiking / Trekking
Kitich Camp by Elewana, Samburu County, Kenya
View all accommodation options in Kenya »