Lango Camp, Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Republic of Congo
A Luxury Tented Camp in Republic of Congo
Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Republic of Congo
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Odzala Discovery Camps
Lango’s six guest rooms are raised to the level of the surrounding gallery forest, giving incredible views out onto the open marshy bai in front of the Camp – one of the most arresting views of any Camp in Africa. The bai holds a magnetic attraction for huge flocks of African green pigeons and African grey parrots, as well as for herds of forest buffalo by day and forest elephants by night.
Lango’s strategic location in the south central part of Odzala allows easy access to a variety of converging habitats. A real highlight of your stay at Lango is the change to explore the Lekoli and Mambili Rivers by motorboat, traditional pirogue, or even kayak. Lango is also one of the few places in Africa where you can safely explore streams and marshes on foot – a true immersive experience!
Nestled in dense gallery forest with each room, the dining room, lounge and bar area are all on raised decks overlooking the Lango bai, and are constructed from natural materials such as locally woven raffia palm panels.
Raised walkways connecting the rooms to the public areas wind through the gallery forest. A star deck and fire pit are placed on a dropped deck overlooking the bai for after dinner relaxation and star-gazing.
WHY CHOOSE LANGO CAMP?
- Exploring the bai and associated swampy open areas, the Lekoli River and surrounding savannah and forest areas
- Spot wildlife from the Camp: Forest Buffalo and Harnessed Bushbuck are regular visitors to the bai
- Enjoy the antics of resident Guereza colobus monkeys
- Walk (and wade) the (Lango) bai and savannah
- Adventure trails along the edges of forested areas give insights into the arboreal world
- Spot dwarf crocodiles, forest ducks and kingfishers – and maybe even a hippo
- Look out for hyena, aardvark, and serval on savannah game drives by day and night
- Enjoy a chorus of strangely melodious forest sounds after dark
Lango Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 Jan – 31 Dec||–||US $ 845|
|2020||01 Jan - 31 Dec||–||US $ 845|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Lango Camp rates include:
- Airport meet & greet, on-arrival visa assistance (visa for guest’s own cost), return transfers between Brazzaville hotel and the airport.
- Camp accommodation, meals, house wines, beers, spirits, water and soft drinks (excluding connoisseur wine and champagne).
- Daily guided activities, such as gorilla trekking (excluding permits), boating, kayaking, river wading, forest & baï walking.
- Laundry and internet access (Wi-Fi available in camps).
Children 16 years and older are welcome at Lango Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Lango Camp, Odzula-Kokoua National Park, Republic of Congo
Read Lango Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Republic of Congo »