Ngaga Camp, Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Republic of Congo
A Luxury Tented Camp in Republic of Congo
Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Republic of Congo
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Odzala Discovery Camps
Ngaga Camp, located just outside the park boundary in the Ndzehe concession, overlooks a beautiful open glade within primary forest above a forest stream. The Camp is situated within the overlapping home ranges of several groups of western lowland gorillas, two of which are habituated.
Ngaga is truly gorilla central. A focal point for world-class research as well as unforgettable primate encounters, Ngaga Camp’s unique design evokes the fun and mystery of childhood treehouses. From the six elevated guest rooms, wraparound walkways allow you to peer directly into the forest canopy. Like Lango, the Camp is constructed from natural materials using traditional techniques.
Ngaga Camp rests in a glade in the heart of pristine primary rainforest with each raised room offering views into the surrounding canopy. The dining room, lounge and bar area are all on raised decks at the crest of the glade looking into and above the primary rainforest. They are constructed from natural, traditionally used materials including locally woven raffia palm roofing panels. A star deck and fire pit are placed on a dropped deck below the main area for after dinner relaxation while a separate deck is located at a natural cooling off spot on the Ngaga Stream below Camp.
WHY CHOOSE NGAGA CAMP?
- Western Lowland Gorillas are the main species of wildlife searched for from Ngaga Camp and they are tracked on foot from the Camp itself.
- Visit nearby Ombo village to learn more about sustainable forest lifestyles and how people make the most of all that Nature provides in such a remote location.
- Experience the forest by night, in search of strange nocturnal creatures
Ngaga Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||01 Jan – 31 Dec||–||US $ 845|
|2020||01 Jan – 31 Dec 2020||–||US $ 845|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Ngaga Camp rates include:
- Airport meet & greet, on-arrival visa assistance (visa for guest’s own cost), return transfers between Brazzaville hotel and the airport.
- Camp accommodation, meals, house wines, beers, spirits, water and soft drinks (excluding connoisseur wine and champagne).
- Daily guided activities, such as gorilla trekking (excluding permits), boating, kayaking, river wading, forest & baï walking.
- Laundry and internet access (Wi-Fi available in camps).
Children 16 years and older are welcome at Ngaga Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
NGAGA CAMP, Mbomo, Republic of the Congo
Read Ngaga Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Republic of Congo »