Andersson’s at Ongava, Namibia
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Namibia
Etosha National Park, Ongava Game Reserve, Namibia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Family-friendly Andersson’s Camp, named for Charles Andersson, the Swedish explorer who first described the Etosha Pan, takes the past and moves it decidedly forward.
Nestled in mopane scrub on white calcrete soils, Andersson’s Camp is situated 4.5 km from Etosha’s Andersson Gate. The camp was named after Swedish explorer Charles Andersson – one of the first Europeans to “discover” Etosha, Africa’s largest saltpan.
The resurrected former farmstead that stands on the site now forms the centre of a charming camp fronting onto a productive waterhole. The 18 tented en-suite units (including two family suites) are raised on decks. The camp is an exciting example of sustainable construction; this model of eco-sensitive lodging provides an authentic, safe and down-to-earth experience for small groups, families and independent travellers to the Etosha region and is easily accessible by either road or air.
Activities include morning and/or afternoon game drives in Etosha National Park, and morning and afternoon/evening drives (on request in camp) and nature walks on Ongava Reserve. The sunken hide at the waterhole in front of camp is an excellent place from which to watch wildlife coming down to drink.
WHY CHOOSE ANDERSSON’S AT ONGAVA?
- Closest access to the most productive area of Etosha National Park
- Family friendly, welcoming groups of different sizes
- Quirky, “eco-chic” architecture
- A sunken hide looks out over a popular waterhole
Andersson's at Ongava Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||11 January –30 June, 01 December 2022 –10 January 2023||–||NAD 13167|
|2022||01 July –30 November||–||NAD 17556|
|2023||11 January –30 June, 01 December 2023 –10 January 2024||–||NAD 13826|
|2023||01 July –30 November||–||NAD 18434|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Andersson’s at Ongava rates include: accommodation, all meals, twice daily scheduled activities to Etosha National Park, park fees, laundry and local drinks. Excludes premium imported brands and champagne.
▪ All ages of children are accepted but have activity restrictions as per rate sheet.
▪ Children of 6 years and older are accommodated and partake in activities with all other guests. Children 12 years and younger must be booked on a private vehicle.
▪ Children between 0 and 16 years must share with an adult/s in the same room.
▪ The minimum age for walking activities is 13 years.
Hiking / Trekking
Andersson's Camp, Ongava Private Game Reserve, Etosha, Namibia
Read Andersson's at Ongava Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Namibia »