Elephant Watch Camp
Elephant Watch is the ultimate eco-lodge, blazing a trail for others to follow by nurturing an holistic, profoundly meaningful and proactive engagement with the wild world. The intimate connection of watching elephants with the camp’s highly trained guides is completely different from any other experience in Africa. It is a deeply personal immersion into the world of an alien but parallel animal intelligence that is much like our own. Trained by Save the Elephants to recognise 900 individual elephants on sight, our guides know Samburu’s intricate elephant family structures intimately. They remember each elephant’s family history, stretching back 17 years, and can authoritatively interpret the complex relationships in herds that sometimes comprise of several hundred animals. In addition, recruited as local experts by Ewaso Lions to help gather information on predators, they can identify all lion, leopard and cheetah by name, and are equally enthusiastic about giraffe, oryx, monkeys or crocodiles. They are justifiably proud of their sharp eyes and detailed knowledge, and we are proud of our partnership with them to create an experience that is uniquely Samburu and that gives something back to this beautiful land.
WHY CHOOSE ELEPHANT WATCH CAMP?
- An intimate view of elephant world: Get to know the characters, friendships and drama queens firsthand.
- Eco-design: The camp combines artistic inspiration with a purist’s respect and love for nature. Conservation in action: Observe the cutting-edge conservation work of the Douglas-Hamilton family.
- Highly trained guides: Scientifically trained guides lead groups on foot and in specially adapted vehicles. They can identify hundreds of individual elephants living in up to 64 family groups.
- Samburu culture: Gain a rare insight into the proud Samburu warrior culture.
- Safari welcome: Warm evening showers, organic soaps and shampoos, fluffy towels, handmade cotton dressing gowns, beautifully cooked food and a cool glass of wine served beneath flickering lanterns by the river’s edge – creates a gracious, warm, enveloping atmosphere, unlike any other.
Elephant Watch Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||1 - 28 February; 16 June- 30 September; 20 Dec 2019- 5 Jan 2020||–||US $ 1070|
|2019||6 – 31 January; 1 – 25 March; 10 May - 15 Jun; 1 - 20 October; 10 Dec 2019- 19 Dec 2019||–||US $ 935|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Elephant Watch Camp rates include:
- Full board accommodation & laundry
- House wines, beers, selected spirits, sodas and water
- Visit to Save the Elephants Research Centre
- Elephant watching and game drives
- Bush picnics and sundowners, guided bird walks and hikes
- Manyatta and school visits
- Local airstrip transfers from Sopa /Oryx
Children up to age of 5 come for free.
Hiking / Trekking
Elephant Watch Camp Reviews
Elephant Watch Camp Map
Elephant Watch Camp, Kenya