Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in Zambia
South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Award-winning safari lodge set in the most prolific game area of the South Luangwa. The perfect place to enjoy excellent game viewing, recharge your batteries, or to start and finish your journey to the various bushcamps in South Luangwa!
Ease yourself into Luangwa life with a stay at the award-winning Mfuwe Lodge. Set inside the park, just five minutes drive from the main gate, the lodge’s allure is instantly obvious. Beneath a canopy of ebony and mahogany, its thatched buildings are arranged around the banks of two lagoons where an endless stream of wildlife will keep you enthralled as you lounge on the open deck or take a dip in the swimming pool. The airy interior of the lodge is an exquisite complement to its natural surroundings.
This region of the park is renowned for its prolific game – giraffe, hippos, buffalo, antelope, and crocodile are constant visitors to Mfuwe Lodge’s lagoon, whilst in November the local elephants regularly wander right through the lobby, lured by a nearby wild mango tree. Whether you stay overnight, or just have lunch en route to a Bushcamp, Mfuwe Lodge’s relaxed charm and enviable surroundings make it the perfect stopover. Voted Best Lodge in Zambia in 2009 Mfuwe Lodge also offers you the chance to relax at its Bush-Spa or buy a few mementos of your time in Zambia at our curio shop.
WHY CHOOSE MFUWE LODGE?
- The open plan central lodge facility incorporates reception, lounge, dining and bar areas, under a thatch roof supported by palm poles and dominated by two impressive chimneys at opposite ends.
- There is a broad timber deck where the swimming pool is situated overlooking the main lagoon.
- Outdoor gym, swimming pool, WiFi (in library only), and curio shop
- Library with a private deck
Our Thoughts on Mfuwe Lodge
Famous for the elephants that parade through their lobby, Mfuwe Lodge is the perfect beginning to your safari into the interiors of South Luangwa.
Mfuwe Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2022||01 Jan – 31 May; 01 Nov – 31 Dec||Chalets||US $ 470|
|2022||01 - 30 Jun; 01 – 31 Oct||Chalets||US $ 570|
|2022||01 July - 30 Sept||Chalets||US $ 640|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
• Rates are per person per night sharing and include accommodation, all meals, road transfers between camps and Mfuwe Airport, tea and coffee, safari activities, service charge, laundry and 16% VAT.
• BUSHCAMPS rates include all bar aside from premium wine.
• Government Levies, Park Fees, Luangwa Conservation and Community Fund, ZCP, travel insurance and any other personal expenses.
• MFUWE LODGE excludes all bar and village excursions. If desired, a US$ 40 surcharge per person per night can be added to cover drinks at Mfuwe Lodge. BUSHCAMPS exclude all premium wines.
Families with children are welcome, however, only children over 12 are allowed to do walking safaris.
Hiking / Trekking
Mfuwe Lodge, The Bushcamp Company, Mambwe, Eastern Province, Zambia
Read Mfuwe Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »