Shumba Camp, Kafue National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Tented Camp in Zambia
Kafue National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Shumba opens for just five months each year, making this seasonal camp one of the most exclusive safari destinations in Africa. Expect front-row seats to dramatic and thrilling wildlife encounters.
Right from Shumba’s contemporary deck you’re immersed in its exceptional diversity of wildlife. The area boasts more antelope species than anywhere else in Africa, taking dramatic flight as predators approach. Busanga Plains is known for its predators – leopard, hyena, cheetah, and the star attraction, the ‘flying lions’ – often seen leaping over the drying channels.
Remote and exclusive, Shumba occupies its own little island in the midst of the Busanga Plains, overlooking miles of floodplains threaded with channels. There are just six luxury suites here, built on raised wooden platforms to observe the wilderness from every angle. Marvel at the Plains’ lion dynamics, relax in your spacious tented suite and later, dine sumptuously under the stars.
WHY CHOOSE SHUMBA CAMP?
- Meaning ‘lion’, Shumba is aptly named after the prides of lion seen in the area
- The Plains are home to hundreds of red lechwe, puku, roan and oribi
- Sail over the Plains in a hot air balloon – the most exclusive wildlife ballooning in Africa
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Shumba Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||1 Jun - 31 Oct||–||US $ 1127|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Shumba Camp rates include – accommodation, all meals, twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, transfers to/from the Plains airstrip, laundry and all local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne.
- Children of 06 years and older are accommodated and partake in activities with all other guests.
- Children up to 16 years must share with an adult/s in the same room.
- The minimum age for walking activities is 13 years.
- While there is no age limitation for the hot air ballooning, there is a height restriction. Children need to be a minimum of 1.3 metres tall to comfortably see over the basket.
Hiking / Trekking
Shumba Camp (Wilderness Safaris), Kasempa, Northwestern Province, Zambia
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »