Shumba Camp, Kafue National Park, Zambia
A Luxury Tented Camp in Zambia
Kafue National Park, Zambia
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Located on a tree island in the centre of the breathtaking Busanga Plains is stylish Shumba Camp. Its six luxury tented units are spacious, en-suite with both indoor and outdoor showers, and all raised on wooden platforms with spectacular views of the surrounding plains.
The bar and dining area is shaded by spectacular fig trees and boasts magnificent vistas over the open wildlife-rich plains. Dinner takes place either on the deck or in the cosy boma, along with a little Zambian culture while the camp’s main deck is a perfect place to star gaze or relax after your evening meal. The area is a magnet for a wealth of plains game, followed by lion, wild dog and cheetah.
WHY CHOOSE SHUMBA CAMP?
- Meaning ‘lion’, Shumba is aptly named after the prides of lion seen in the area
- The Plains are home to hundreds of red lechwe, puku, roan and oribi
- Sail over the Plains in a hot air balloon – the most exclusive wildlife ballooning in Africa
Shumba Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||1 Jun - 31 Oct||–||US $ 1170|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Shumba Camp rates include –
- all meals
- twice daily scheduled camp activities
- park fees
- all local drinks
Excludes premium imported brands and champagne
- Children of 06 years and older are accommodated and partake in activities with all other guests.
- Children up to 16 years must share with an adult/s in the same room.
- The minimum age for walking activities is 13 years.
- While there is no age limitation for the hot air ballooning, there is a height restriction. Children need to be a minimum of 1.3 metres tall to comfortably see over the basket.
Hiking / Trekking
Shumba Camp (Wilderness Safaris), Kasempa, Northwestern Province, Zambia
Read Shumba Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Zambia »