Camp Kalahari, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
The laidback little sister of Jack’s and San Camp, Camp Kalahari is understated and affordable base in the heart of the great Kalahari. Set amongst the waving palms and acacia trees of Brown Hyena Island, the 12 funky Meru tents are perfect for families, groups and couples, and are an ideal base for discovering the charms of the desert and the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, a landscape that’s as surreal as it is sublime, and as mysterious as it is magical.
And if you’re looking for adventure, then look no further! There are quad bike adventures, across the otherworldly salt pans, walks with the Zu’/hoasi bushmen to discover the amazing creatures that somehow manage to survive (and thrive) in this harsh environment, and the very own ‘’Kalahari cool cats,’’ the habituated meerkat family who like nothing more than to use unsuspecting guests as lookout points. Come for a day, and you’ll be wowed by the landscape and the people; stay for a few days and you might never want to leave…
WHY CHOOSE CAMP KALAHARI?
- Camp Kalahari is one of only three camps in a one million-acre private wildlife reserve, with just eleven, Meru-style tents set amongst the palms.
- There’s a veritable blockbuster of activities to get stuck into, including quad biking, horseback riding, bushman walks and traditional game drives.
- CK is great camp for families. It’s unique, fresh, and affordable, children from all ages are welcome, there’s a dedicated family suite and a fence around the camp too.
- Watch 50,000 zebra and wildebeest migrate through the area from January to April.
- Enjoy lazy siestas in the swimming pool pavilion and, in the dry season, watch the ellies come to drink at the water – a memory you won’t forget in a hurry!
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Camp Kalahari Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 685|
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 875|
|2023||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January 2024||–||US $ 990|
|2023||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 1095|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Camp Kalahari rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Children of all ages are welcome at Camp Kalahari.
Hiking / Trekking
Camp Kalahari, Botswana
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »