Meno a Kwena, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
A Tented Camp in Botswana
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
The safari never stops at Meno a Kwena, a hidden gem of a camp perched on a rocky cliff top above the Boteti River in Botswana. With a glittering roster of activities, including day trips to the Makgadikgadi Pans, guided walks with the San bushmen, and wildlife-watching boat trips, there’s plenty to get your teeth into. But sometimes, the best game viewing is where you least expect it, and at Meno, it’s right in front you. From their lofty position, the nine tents look down on a menagerie of animals at the water below, from herds of majestic elephant, to dazzles of nomadic zebra – all you need to do is sit back, and take it all in.
Each tent is classically-styled, with a few eccentricities thrown in here and there; think locally-woven fabrics mixed with colonial-style furniture, and simple fittings brightened by snippets of colour. All have fully-equipped ensuite bathrooms, and there are two new family units, both with inter-leading tents, perfect for the kids.
The canvas lounge and dining tents are piled high with books and trinkets, and decorated with old-world artefacts, and our piece de resistance – a sculpted crocodile! And it’s not there for no reason – Meno a Kwena literally translates as “teeth of the crocodile.” Keep an eye on the river below from just about comfy chair in the living area, or plunge into the Flintstone-esque rocky swimming pool, and watch the animals doing the same below you.
WHY CHOOSE MENO A KWENA?
- Meno sits in an awesome location on the Boteti River overlooking the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park – a completely contrasting location, wildlife and habitat to the green and juicy Okavango Delta regions.
- Watch the wildlife at the river below from the comfort of your private veranda; that’s what we like to call an ‘armchair safari.’
- The zebra migration is resident here for much of the year. In the dry season there is no other water around and the Boteti River becomes a magnet for wildlife.
- Learn a little about the traditional Botswana way of life with a visit to the local village.
- Enjoy a wide range of thrilling (and unusual) activities.
- The camp is great value for money and an excellent choice for families – there’s a natural swimming pool, and plenty of nooks and crannies for kids to explore and watch the action at the river below.
Meno a Kwena Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 470|
|2019||01 April - 14 June; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 595|
|2019||15 June - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January||–||US $ 795|
|2019||01 August - 31 August||–||US $ 890|
|2020||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 495|
|2020||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 660|
|2020||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January||–||US $ 850|
|2020||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 960|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Meno a Kwena rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Rates Exclude: Premium brand drinks, gratuities and fully comprehensive personal travel insurance is not included in the price.
Children of all ages are welcome at Meno a Kwena.
Hiking / Trekking
Meno-A-Kwena Tented Camp, Botswana
Read Meno a Kwena Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »