Meno a Kwena, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
A Tented Camp in Botswana
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
The safari never stops at Meno a Kwena, a hidden gem of a camp perched on a rocky cliff top above the Boteti River in Botswana. With a glittering roster of activities, including day trips to the Makgadikgadi Pans, guided walks with the San bushmen, and wildlife-watching boat trips, there’s plenty to get your teeth into. But sometimes, the best game viewing is where you least expect it, and at Meno, it’s right in front you. From their lofty position, the nine tents look down on a menagerie of animals at the water below, from herds of majestic elephant, to dazzles of nomadic zebra – all you need to do is sit back, and take it all in.
At just under 2 hours by road from Maun, Meno is a good option if you’re travelling as a group, or with little ones (or even big ones!). The camp was originally used by Southern Africa’s legendary explorers, and although we’ve added a few little touches here, and some little quirks there, it’s refreshingly and stylishly simple. And actually, the real treat at Meno is the connection with nature; when an elephant provides your alarm call in the morning, and you can game view straight from your private veranda, nothing else really matters.
WHY CHOOSE MENO A KWENA?
- Meno sits in an awesome location on the Boteti River overlooking the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park – a completely contrasting location, wildlife and habitat to the green and juicy Okavango Delta regions.
- Watch the wildlife at the river below from the comfort of your private veranda; that’s what we like to call an ‘armchair safari.’
- The zebra migration is resident here for much of the year. In the dry season there is no other water around and the Boteti River becomes a magnet for wildlife.
- Learn a little about the traditional Botswana way of life with a visit to the local village.
- Enjoy a wide range of thrilling (and unusual) activities.
- The camp is great value for money and an excellent choice for families – there’s a natural swimming pool, and plenty of nooks and crannies for kids to explore and watch the action at the river below.
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Meno a Kwena Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 550|
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 745|
|2023||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January 2024||–||US $ 945|
|2023||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 1095|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Meno a Kwena rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Children of all ages are welcome at Meno a Kwena.
Hiking / Trekking
Meno-A-Kwena Tented Camp, Botswana
We are travelling at the moment!
We are travelling across remote parts of Africa without access to stable internet. Thus, we are not accepting new enquiries at the moment.
We will be happy to assist you with your travels to Africa when we return (June 1, 2023).
Hope you have a great summer!
Team Chalo Africa
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »