San Camp, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
Imagine a smattering of billowing white tents, shaded by desert palms and surrounded by a thousand acres of shimmering, sparkling nothingness. You’ve just dreamt up San Camp, our impossibly romantic, seven-bedroom camp on the edge of the Nwetwe Pan in Botswana’s Makgadikgadi. San isn’t a place for frills and fluffiness. The magic is in the minimalism, both at the camp and in the mysterious desert landscape. You can forget the tourist crowds and over-stuffed 4x4s too; it’s just you, the wildlife, and a handful of local San Bushmen, waiting to share their secrets with you.
Of all the Makgadikgadi pans, we think Nwetwe is the most iconic. Meerkats pop up from the desert dust, brown hyaena hide in the grass, and you’ll see red hartebeest, springbok and gemsbok scurrying between them. But San Camp isn’t just about wildlife-watching – it’s about the atmosphere and the ethereal surroundings. Disappear into a remote world, a million miles from glowing screens and fruit-themed devices, where the 360-degree panoramas are so vast, you can see the curvature of the earth…
WHY CHOOSE SAN CAMP?
- Elegant and impossibly romantic, San Camp’s classic white tents offer 360 degree views over the sparkling salt pans.
- Take game drives and night drives in custom built 4x4s to see the unique desert wildlife, spend time with the cheeky meerkats, and join the Zulhoasi Bushmen on a bush walk.
- Travel across the salt-crusted earth by quad-bike. The fact that you’ll travel at great speed, yet arrive nowhere underlines the true immensity of this remarkable area.
- San Camp has a reputation for delicious and innovative cuisine – think fresh tomato tartlets, three-layer banana and caramel cake, and the best beef Wellington you’ve ever tried.
- Lie out on the pans as the sun sets, and watch the planetarium of stars unfold.
- Retreat to the yoga and meditation pavilion and absorb the compelling energy of your surroundings. This is the perfect spot to relax, unwind and retreat.
San Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 1750|
|2023||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January 2024||–||US $ 1860|
|2023||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 2110|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
San Camp rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Children of all ages are welcome at San Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
San Camp, Makgadigadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Read San Camp Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »