Jack’s Camp, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
A Luxury Tented Camp in Botswana
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Botswana
Per Person Per Night
A member of the
After several decades of setting the standard in the Kalahari, Jack’s Camp under went a full rebuild and reopened in 2021.
The brand-new Jack’s Camp pays homage to the property’s enduring and much-loved 1940s campaign style. The guest tents, seven twins and two doubles, are much larger and each is 270 square metres in size. The iconic interiors remain and are embellished with rich textiles from around the world, Natural History Museum cabinets, and an overhead bed cooling system. Ensuite bathrooms have both indoor and outdoor showers and outside, each veranda has a private plunge pool.
The new, larger mess tent is resplendent with the renowned Natural History Museum, library, antique pool table and a well-stocked drinks chest. The iconic nomadic Persian tea tent has been made larger and the shop has been renovated and restocked with new treasures.
WHY CHOOSE JACK’S CAMP?
• Jack’s is one of Africa’s most iconic camps, it under went a rebuild and reopened in 2021, refreshed and reinvigorated, yet still retaining the very stylish old world glamour we all know and love.
• Enjoy the ultimate in space and exclusivity; the camp is one of just three in a one million-acre private wildlife reserve.
• There’s an impressive choice of extraordinary activities to be enjoyed including quad biking, bushman walks, classic desert game drives, meerkat visits and horse rides.
• After an early morning desert exploration, retreat back to the sanctuary of camp to sit back and relax in the elegant Persian tea tent.
• The camp has one of the most comprehensive collections of ancient artefacts in Botswana, collected and curated by the Bousfield family over decades.
• Indulge in a lazy afternoon in your private plunge pool overlooking the Makgadikgadi pans, watching the world go by.
• Keep your eyes peeled for the year-round desert wildlife: brown hyena, oryx, Kalahari lion and, after dark, aardvark, porcupine, honey badger and bat eared fox.
or call our African safari specialists at
+1 703 220 6393 or +91 9717 275237
Jack's Camp Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2023||10 January - 31 March||–||US $ 1700|
|2023||01 April - 31 May; 01 November - 19 December||–||US $ 2250|
|2023||01 June - 30 June; 01 September - 31 October; 20 December - 09 January 2024||–||US $ 2650|
|2023||01 July - 31 August||–||US $ 2950|
Rates are Per Person Per Night unless otherwise specified.
Jack’s Camp rates include: accommodation, all meals, & beverages, guest laundry, daily activities, airstrip transfers, expert guiding, park entry fees & VAT.
Children of all ages are welcome at Jack’s Camp.
Hiking / Trekking
Jack's Camp, Botswana
We are travelling at the moment!
We are travelling across remote parts of Africa without access to stable internet. Thus, we are not accepting new enquiries at the moment.
We will be happy to assist you with your travels to Africa when we return (June 1, 2023).
Hope you have a great summer!
Team Chalo Africa
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in Botswana »