Ecca Lodge, Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
A Luxury Lodge or Hotel in South Africa
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve, South Africa
A member of the
Blessed with breathtaking views over an Acacia, Aloe and Spekboom-studded valley, this chic lodge with a laid-back vibe offers the perfect wildlife experience for the young at heart.
Set in thick vegetation overlooking a dense valley, Ecca Lodge offers breathtaking views onto an escarpment of steep shale cliffs. Expansive wooden viewing decks provide the ideal setting to soak up the bushveld atmosphere with a leisurely lunch or a sundowner drink. Rooms are airy and open, with barely a barrier between the indoors and the African bush. Highlights of the guest areas include the open interactive kitchen, a gorgeous rim-flow lap pool and the nearby interpretive library.
The 6 stand-alone and well-proportioned suites have been individually decorated, each in a different colour in celebration of the vibrance of Africa. Wraparound wooden decks with private plunge pools provide relief from the heat of the day. Furnishings are in soft linens, velvets, cords and eco-cottons in striking, bright and contrasting tones. Super-King sized beds, large bathrooms with free-standing baths and separate lounge areas with funky bean bags and day beds that can be reconfigured to accommodate children, all combine to provide a relaxing, sumptuous and colourful respite from dusty days out on the reserve. Outdoor showers tip a broad wink at safari tradition.
WHY CHOOSE ECCA LODGE?
- Vibrant, colourful and chic safari lodge with only 6 individually decorated suites
- Interactive kitchen for mealtime fun and a play centre for kids (Children of all ages welcome!)
- Set in a malaria-free Big Five game reserve in the Eastern Cape, the perfect safari ending to a journey along the Garden Route
Kwandwe Ecca Lodge Rates, Activities & Amenities
|2019 - 2020||16 January – 30 April 2019||Suite||ZAR 40590|
|2019 - 2020||01 May – 30 September||Suite||ZAR 30920|
|2019- 2020||01 October – 30 April 2020||Suite||ZAR 42010|
|2020||01 January – 30 April||Suite||ZAR 42010|
|2020||01 May – 30 September||Suite||ZAR 33800|
|2020||01 October – 15 January 2021||Suite||ZAR 46990|
Rates are Per Suite unless otherwise specified.
Ecca Lodge rates include:-
- Accommodation as specified and transfers to/from the lodge airstrip.
- All meals, soft drinks, South African premium & sparkling wines, local & premium brand spirits, beers, & game drive refreshments.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in open safari vehicle, big game walking safaris, guided bushwalks, fishing, morning visits to the Mgcamabele Community Centre (subject to availability).
- A specialist guide is available every day and guests can enjoy connecting experiences, including big game walking, fishing, birding and photography (shared).
- Ecca Lodge Family Suites and the villas (Uplands Homestead, Melton Manor & Fort House) include private ranger, tracker and vehicle.
- Laundry, child-minding, emergency medical evacuation insurance & VAT.
- Community & Conservation levy per person per night.
- Champagne, cigars, in-room massage treatments, telephone calls, gratuities, and all items of a personal nature.
- Additional specialised safari activities not mentioned on the rate inclusions.
Children of all ages are welcome to Ecca Lodge.
Hiking / Trekking
Ecca Lodge kwandwe private game reserve
Read Kwandwe Ecca Lodge Reviews TripAdvisor Here
Recommended Camps Nearby
View all accommodation options in South Africa »